Author Topic: Percy Oswald Vester  (Read 2164 times)

Offline EdCan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Percy Oswald Vester
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 01:52 GMT (UK) »
I guess Bertha will be a question mark. Her young age questions a marriage. No berth cert for Dorothy questions parentage and no death cert questions her death in hurricane. Inaccurate press coverage does not mention her name assuming she was there.
Pickering E Yorkshire, Ontario Can
Tindall Greater London
Edmonds Greater London
Bayliss Greater London
Chappell Somerset
Spencer Warwickshire
Tuck Wiltshire
Tanner Wiltshire

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 13:28 GMT (UK) »
A birth certificate may exist for Dorothy Jr, but it doesn't appear that those records are public. There is a "Florida births and baptisms" database on familysearch which claims to go up to 1935 but that's nowhere near complete and the only 1930s entries are a few adult baptisms for persons born well over a hundred years ago.

I think we're just running into a lot of the usual problems with moving forward into a time period where records may be not publicly available or if accessible, not indexed/online.  So, a question mark for now (unless a Burkhardt descendant through one of the siblings who survives turns up and they have more information).
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline EdCan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for help. I wonder where familysearch got the parentage info from for the death of Dorothy Burkhart Vester?
Pickering E Yorkshire, Ontario Can
Tindall Greater London
Edmonds Greater London
Bayliss Greater London
Chappell Somerset
Spencer Warwickshire
Tuck Wiltshire
Tanner Wiltshire

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Birth certificates won't be accessible but death certificates will (little Dorothy was found and was buried along with her aunt Marie and cousin Roy, so there would have been a death certificate).  The information on familysearch appears to come from her death certificate - an original would confirm who the informant was but I would say the most likely informant would be step-grandfather (?) Joseph Fecteau.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mustangmo66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 23:19 BST (UK) »
Percy Oswald Vester was my grandfather. My grandmother was indeed his wife Marie (Mayer) Vester
She was from Avon Lake, Ohio. My grandmother had two daughters,one of which died very young. I was named after her. Daughters were Marie Ann Vester and Geraldine Vester-Mahaffey. I never met my grandfather, my grandmother and mom raised us in Lorain, Ohio. The address from a previous post was slightly off 1528 Maine Ave. My grandmother indicated that he was deceased,and my mother confirmed. My mother, Geraldine,passed last year but always had one black and white photo of her father,Percy in her living room. Dark hair, sitting at the bar with a hat on. She was buried with it. She missed him desperately over the years and spoke very highly of him.

Offline Mustangmo66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 23:37 BST (UK) »
My grandmother also had a son, my uncle Ronnie, Ronald Cimperman. I noted previously two children because my grandmother rarely spoke of the daughter she lost so young. My grandmother was an orphan so very little information available. She was born September 8th 1910. My grandmother was a bartender. I know nothing of a marriage to " Jones" as indicated in a previous post, she was married once and widowed. I mentioned previously that my grandmother raised me and my sister and three brothers, thus five grandchildren as someone else mentioned in their post.

As I am reading all of the posts, I am trying to fill in missing information if possible.