Author Topic: Electoral register 1937/38 Angorfa, Cesarea name of Roberts  (Read 4974 times)

Offline litherland lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Electoral register 1937/38 Angorfa, Cesarea name of Roberts
« on: Thursday 20 March 14 22:11 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather Evan Roberts was one of 8 brothers. His oldest Brother Robert John Roberts died 25.6.1938 aged 59. His address being Angorfa, Cesarea.From past research he was the last surviving member of the family. However, after posting my latest enquiry about a cousin of my grandfather, Who reported Robert John's death, there appears to have been obituary on Robert John's death. A name of Morris Roberts appears giving his address  as Angorfa. Could anybody check the Electorial registrar for this address to see if any other name, additional to Robert John appears, as I was made to believe there wasn't.
Thanking you for any help on this matter,
Litherland Lass

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral register 1937/38 Angorfa, Cesarea name of Roberts
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 March 14 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Electoral registers are compiled by constituency, then ward, then street name, not name.

In order to find the correct constituency can you tell us what registration district the death was recorded in?

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline litherland lass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 March 14 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Electoral registers are compiled by constituency, then ward, then street name, not name.

In order to find the correct constituency can you tell us what registration district the death was recorded in?

Dawn

Hi Dawn, I Know that Angorfa is in Y Fron not far Carmel. I'll try contacting Emyrborth who knows the area and hopefully can give me district name. On the BDM search the area given is Caernarfon.
To add to my initial request about the Voters Register I've had info this morning saying that present at Robert John's Roberts funeral was his widow but I was made to believe his wife died 3 years earlier than him. I suppose he could of remarried in that time? Hence the reason to find out who she is and also Morris Roberts! If what I've given is still not good enough to work on, as son as I hear from Emyrborth I'll get back to you.
Kind regards Pauline.

Offline litherland lass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 March 14 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Dawn
Hi Dawn, Emyrborth has just replied to me. The constituency is Caernarfon, the parish is Upper Llandwrog. But cant remember the ward. I have an email address for the records office in Caernarfon so will ask them for the Ward and let you know. Pauline

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi
1937 - Only Robert John Roberts listed at Angorfa. There is another Robert John Roberts, together with a Margaret Jane Roberts, at Llys Helyg.

1938 - Only Fanny Roberts listed at Angorfa.
           RJR and MJR at Llys Helyg.

1939 - Fanny Roberts, Morris Roberts and Elizabeth Ann Roberts at Angorfa.
           RJR and MJR at Llys Helyg.

Parliamentary Constituency of Caernarvon.
Electoral Division No. 40
Llandwrog - Upper
Middle ward (Bronyfoel)

Emyr

Offline litherland lass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Dawn
Hi Dawn,
Just had a reply back from Emyr with the details of who was living at Angorfa. So thanks for your interest. What Emyr has unearthed has now posed another question? From the Electorial records for 1938/39. Although new names appear they have the same surname as my grandfather's eldest brother. Were they related or just a coincidence?
More research me thinks.
Pauline

Hi Dawn, I Know that Angorfa is in Y Fron not far Carmel. I'll try contacting Emyrborth who knows the area and hopefully can give me district name. On the BDM search the area given is Caernarfon.
To add to my initial request about the Voters Register I've had info this morning saying that present at Robert John's Roberts funeral was his widow but I was made to believe his wife died 3 years earlier than him. I suppose he could of remarried in that time? Hence the reason to find out who she is and also Morris Roberts! If what I've given is still not good enough to work on, as son as I hear from Emyrborth I'll get back to you.
Kind regards Pauline.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pauline

May I suggest that when you make a reply here, you use the 'reply' button, not the 'quote' button. I think your latest reply is sandwiched in the middle of the quote and is hard to follow.

If you do use the 'quote' button, try to type your reply after the "[/quote]".

You have 24 hours if you want to edit any reply you make.

Dawn

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline litherland lass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Apologies,.
Sorry
Pauline

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 22:11 GMT (UK) »
No need to apologise, hope this helps.

Was this your last addition to the reply?

Hi Dawn,
Just had a reply back from Emyr with the details of who was living at Angorfa. So thanks for your interest. What Emyr has unearthed has now posed another question? From the Electorial records for 1938/39. Although new names appear they have the same surname as my grandfather's eldest brother. Were they related or just a coincidence?
More research me thinks.
Pauline

Dawn

Chandler-Chelsea