Author Topic: St Giles in the Fields/Bloomsbury  (Read 601 times)

Offline arky101

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Giles in the Fields/Bloomsbury
« on: Sunday 30 March 14 21:27 BST (UK) »
I will keep it brief as I am not sure this is the correct place to post this.  I am looking for marriage records for the St Giles in the Fields/Bloomsbury area circa 1825-1836 in hopes of finding a missing marriage record.  My ancestor ran a pork butcher shop at 28 Broad Street in Bloomsbury so I am uncertain if the parishes you list as missing cover this area nor how to proceed with getting info not in LMA/Ancestry?

Thanks for any help ... Jim
Names: Ebert, Wick, Weidner, Gehrlinger, Haram (Norway), Harham (South Africa), Larson/Larsen (Norway, Canada), Green (Quebec, North Dakota)
Places: Dörrmenz, Bächlingen, Lensiedel, Gerabronn, Kirchberg an der Jagst

Offline suelaw1954

• RootsChat Member
  • Sue, Feb 1955. So cute, what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: St Giles in the Fields/Bloomsbury
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 March 14 02:11 BST (UK) »
Marriages for St Giles in the field are on Ancestry, but with a gap from 1837 (presumably July) to 1884.

To browse the marriages go to the main search page for "London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921". In the right hand column under "Browse this collection" select the Borough of "Camden" and the parish of "St Giles in the Fields" (Bloomsbury is not mentioned in the parish name). You can then get a roll down list of years which include the ones you want.

Sue  ;)
Common(s) - Sussex, London, Northumberland
Spall - London, Suffolk (Debenham, Cretingham)
Goddard - Sussex (Brighton, Newtimber, Edburton)
Piller - London, Norfolk
Shadbolt - Herts (Codicote, Datchworth)
Young - Sussex (Brighton)
Rose - Army, London
Beckwith - London, Norfolk

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Giles in the Fields/Bloomsbury
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 March 14 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim

I've created this new topic for you.

If you're still having difficulty with this marriage, post the full names you are looking for and we will see if we can help further.

What is online at Ancestry are the Bishops Transcripts and they are not complete for all years.

The actual registers for St Giles have recently been deposited at the LMA for safe keeping, but they haven't been catalogued, filmed or transcribed yet.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea