Author Topic: something strange with this family or is it me ?  (Read 9741 times)

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
Re: something strange with this family or is it me ?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

This looks like there marriage

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGNS-X4P

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 11:22 BST (UK) »
crikey   14 yrs  must have been the hot climate?   ;D ;D  I have a grandaughter of that age, I would go crazy if she thought of marrying .......  still times have changed.  I left school at 14... she wont leave for at least four years. 
The wonderful sun is shining and I have to visit, my sad little house, to see if its coping without me............  :-\ :-\ :'( :'(
So this will sadly have to  'espere'

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 17:00 BST (UK) »
Just having a re-think about the grandchildren etc on Mary's 1871 census return. And realised that if they are Betsy/Elizabeth Norris/BROWN - married to Goadby's offspring ............... THEN they are Mary's GREAT grandchildren....................  ??? ::)  Is that correct!?!?
Whoops NO   I am sure that this is now correct:-
  one of these Goadbys is Elizabeth/Betsey so she is grandchild the other is her husband Edwin so he is Grandchild by marriage.. the other is Henry -- Edwin and Elizabeths son so he is the great grandson of Mary.........

I cant imagine, that it is feasible for Elizabeth (Mary's daughter) to be the mother of these children.....and married to Goadby....
Cos she was definitely married to Thomas Brown I have the cert.  it states she was of full age and a spinster daughter of Thomas Norris (bricklayer) and living in Colton Street, witness Jane Norris and James Brown.  Dated the 13th March 1852.

We (or you really) have found Edwins parents etc - and neither of them are related to Mary or Thomas Norris....  So they are Grandchildren by marriage!/ and been as none of Marys Daughters fit then it has to be Betsy !! I think -  omgggggggggggg getting mixed up again... (DARK corner required )

sending me silly this lot.   ;D >:( :-\ ;D ;D

xin

and....... addendum... I have Thomas Norris death cert and for some reason he was in the workhouse when he died, yet the family were still living in Laxton Street.  He was with family in 1861 and Betsy Brown was with them as a lodger?

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 18:03 BST (UK) »
OK sorry to be a pain..........

But have just searched ALL Betsey Browns of the time in question.. circa birthdates and places.

The only other possible married a William Breward....  So checked them out through-out the census returns to 1911 and found that in 1911 This Betsey brown/BREWARD has her brother GEORGE living with her and was born circa 1842 SO this convinces me that this is NOT my Betsey.

And as far as can be I conclude that ELIZABETH is my Betsey...... and will go with the Goadby crowd.... ok   can rest now and put the light back on  ;D ;D ;D

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 22:58 BST (UK) »
Its me ---  ;)  back again

Just as a note,

it really - really pays to study these census returns............
Just refreshing my mind on the 1891 showing Louisa Norris, with the Brown children, in order to sort out what happens to the children.
And glanced up a line or two and noticed the name, Albert A Green........ as a boarder living with the Oldbury family...
WELL well well, Albert Alexander, I was working on a few weeks ago..  he is my .g.g.Uncle. his Nephew was My grandfather, .......Robert Argyle Green - Whose Mother was Emma Draycott, eldest daughter of Jane Norris.........Emma was married to Albert's brother...  so this could be how they met. 
Its great to be able to piece relationships together, like this... brings them closer..
I can imagine Albert and his brother my G. grandfather, bumping into Emma when she visited her Aunt or something, similar.  lovely.

;) ;)

xin

oh.....  just a minute,  I just looked for a marriage of Mary Brown born 1862..... as couldnt find her still with any Browns in 1891...when 'gulp'  ::) :o   I found that she actually married Frederick Charles OLDBURY............. the neighbour that Albert boards with - It started off strange and now its becoming absolutely crazy...... 

Oh I need to pop back to see them all and sort it out...... IF only I could find a wedding photo of Mary or someone - I am sure they would all be on it. 

xin
and then the final child John Brown, again thinking an impossible find...... he is in the 1901 married and living next door to Albert Alexander Green and the Oldburys which of course includes his sister Mary........
So happily found what was necessary with this lot... all thankfully, because they were a close knit family.   

an interesting search for me......  thank you all...
 :)
xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 20 April 20 17:57 BST (UK) »
I have just picked this up as I was checking my RECORDs ---- and I now believe it to be one of the craziest searches ever...   'FRUITFUL' in many ways  --- but absolutely full on crazy... and with the head I have these days almost impossible to ... 'suss'' ''''''' oh dear..   
 ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::)
Xin aka Finley

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 25 April 20 20:36 BST (UK) »
Evening Xinley  ;), hope you’re keeping well!
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 25 April 20 20:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you Annie
Hope you are well too :)

Much improved at the moment.. maybe the Lockdown is doing me good.. :)  fingers crossed anyhow  luv the Xinley   thank you xx

take care

the new me   Xinley    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D