Author Topic: Cyberlink YouCam4, poss problem with either camera update or broadband speed.  (Read 361 times)

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • (Virture in difficulty)
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have Cyberlink YouCam4 camera pre-installed on both my HP G6 Laptop and my Windows7 64bit Desktop and it's my Skype video link to family living away.

Usually it worked o.k  but not doing so at the moment - family can see me o.k ( don't know if that's a bonus ;D) but I'm now get very poor video of them on my side. Skype tells me I have their latest update.

A couple of weeks ago I changed to BT Infinity Broadband because my previous download speed was rubbish and it seems o.k.

About 10 days ago I started getting YouCam4 update offer notifications when the Webcam opened up so I updated on my Laptop and I started getting all sorts of small problems occurring so I did a System Restore which put things back o.k.

I'm getting the update notices on the desktop as well but I'm concerned that if I try and update YouCam on my desktop, I'll get problems there too.

1. Has anyone out there got the same version of YouCam as me and had a successful go at the updates?

2. Also could the faster download speed I now have with BT have affected my video camera?

Any ideas would be appreciated please.

Barbara.

Howell. Marshall. Frew.Finn.Williams.Jones.Carroll.
Hinksman. Zeitline.Roberts.Shepherd.

Offline sstarr2008

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberlink YouCam4, poss problem with either camera update or broadband speed.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 15:21 BST (UK) »
If your video looks ok but theirs doesn't are you sure that the problem isn't at their end? Is the problem with only one other person's videos or with several?

Stu
Starkey, Beaumont, Dunstan, Hogan, Nichol, Nichols, Laycock, Norbron, North, Smith, Connolly,O'Connor, Archer, Copley, Brook, Walker, Stocks, Berry, Swinden, Ambler.

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • (Virture in difficulty)
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberlink YouCam4, poss problem with either camera update or broadband speed.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 12:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Stu,

Thanks for your post.

I've realised that the problem is mainly with one of my contacts in particular, apparently the connection between us is not good but hopefully it will get better in the future.

I still haven't risked upgrading the built in webcam, it seemed to muck everything up before when I did it so I'll slog on and hope for the best.

Cheers

Barbara.
Howell. Marshall. Frew.Finn.Williams.Jones.Carroll.
Hinksman. Zeitline.Roberts.Shepherd.