Author Topic: james mitchell lee - marriage and birth help  (Read 2709 times)

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
james mitchell lee - marriage and birth help
« on: Friday 04 April 14 00:51 BST (UK) »
Having trouble confirming his birth and marriage.LDS have a 1884 birth apr-jun Belfast but i cant confirm because i cant provide Groni with details on his mother in order to obtain his birth cert.Would his mothers maiden name show on the cert?James married Gladys Isabel McDonald but when?She is the daugh.of James McDonald and Phoebe McDonald nee Morrison,Gladys was born 05mar 1891 Belfast i have the cert.She died 07 mar 1970 age 79 and James died 22may1937 age 53,they are buried Belfast City Cemt. along with her parents.Gladys is named as the widow on his will living at "The Chalet, Chichester Park" info from Will Calander on Proni,he is listed as an Insurance Inspector but on his death notice on UHF he is listed at same address but as a Industrial Inspector,a type error maybe .There is a 1910 marriage on UHF for a James to Mary Victoria Hudson who is listed as an Insurance Agent,Mary died in 1930 and is also buried in Belfast City Cemt along with her father.Is it poss that James married Gladys after the death of Mary?I cant be sure if this is the same James,this maybe the James on the on the 1901 census at Old Park Road age 16 with family,his father is listed as a teacher same on the marriage notice of James and Mary.The UHF notice shows them as Methodist but the 1911 census on Indiana Ave,Clifton shows them as Presb.Hope this makes sense because i am confused!!Thanks for your help, Again!!

huey1

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: james mitchell lee - marriage and birth help
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 April 14 04:33 BST (UK) »
"... Mary died in 1930 and is also buried in Belfast City Cemt along with her father.Is it poss that James married Gladys after the death of Mary?"

Very possible, the search index on the new GRONI online facility shows a marriage registered in Belfast for James Lee to Gladys McDonald on 3rd June 1931. You have to pay to see the full detail online.

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 April 14 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi gaffy
thanks for that info, is the new GRONI online facility part of the regular GRONI webpage?can you point me in the right direction,thanks again
huey1

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 April 14 22:44 BST (UK) »
Elwyn

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 April 14 02:02 BST (UK) »
thanks Elwyn

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 06:27 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks once again gaffy and elwyn for your help, after finding james 's birth and marriage, info from them confirm that he is the same person who married Gladys after the death of Mary,neither Gladys or James are any part of my family tree but i was looking for clues to why a member of my tree Jerome Lennie Walker b22jul1888 Cork a 2nd Lieut. Royal Irish Rifles who died 06may16 at the Somme WW1 would have in his Will give his medals to Gladys and not his family.His father Franklin Manderson Walker was a Flax dealer in Belfast and in Rotterdam and i believe Lennie spent a great deal of time in Europe but i guess he must have spent time in Belfast also.A mystery romance i assume but where and when??
huey1

Offline popierson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 February 19 23:05 GMT (UK) »
I believe your James Mitchell Lee was my great uncle. His sister was my grandmother, Nora Kathleen Willison Lee, who emigrated to the US and married my grandfather, Allan James Pierson, Sr. Their sister, great aunt Evelyn, drove an ambulance during the war but I don't know where. I'm not sure any of this is of any help to you.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 15 February 19 12:09 GMT (UK) »
family search

Probate 27.10.1910, James Mitchell Lee, widow Julia Anna Lee, 140 Clifton School teacher

140 Clifton,

http://www.familysearch.org

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 15 February 19 12:13 GMT (UK) »
GLadys Isabell McDonald birth mention on family search with address