Author Topic: Richard Patrick  (Read 1414 times)

Offline berkeley

• RootsChat Senior
  • HMS Berkeley-Dieppe-Aug-19-1942
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Patrick
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 April 14 09:12 BST (UK) »
              There is this one, again Pr's & Freereg, gives her maiden name as Plummer
               www.rootschat.com/links/0ys5/  Dave.

Offline Duodecem

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 April 14 09:53 BST (UK) »
Re siblings-Freereg give details of Thomas born 1 July 1790 bapt 3 July and John born 1 Feb 1788 bapt 3 Feb. Both East Dereham.
The mother's details for John are for Frances Plummer, whereas Richard and Thomas both have Hannah Plummer as their mother- so either Frances died and was swiftly replaced by Hannah or, more likely it's a clerk's error or a mistranscription. I haven't found a burial record for Frances to support the death/remarriage theory and I have found a marriage record in East Dereham 1799 for John Pattrick of Heigham near Norwich and Hannah Plummer of East Dereham.

County   Norfolk
Place   East Dereham
Church   St. Nicholas
RegisterNumber   165
MarriageDate   09 Jun 1779
GroomForename   John
GroomSurname   PATTRICK
GroomParish   Heigham, near Norwich
GroomCondition   Single Man
BrideForename   Hannah
BrideSurname   PLUMMER
BrideParish   Of This Parish
BrideCondition   Single Woman
WitnessOneForename   Thomas
WitnessOneSurname   PATTRICK
WitnessTwoForename   Edmund
WitnessTwoSurname   COBB
Notes   Marriage by License, John signed his name, Hannah made her mark, Married by William Taylor, Curate
FileNumber   25657
Cooper- Berks, Herts, Wrexham,Birmingham
Garrett- London, Berks
Morton-Berkshire
Harvey- Essex
Hambling, Royal,Dale,Jackson, Tann, Boatwright Edridge/Etheridge/Uttridge -all Norfolk
Osborne-Norfolk and Northumberland/Durham

Offline Duodecem

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 April 14 12:09 BST (UK) »
Freereg also has details of the births of Richard's parents as follows:
John Patrick born 2nd June 1750, baptised St Peter Mancroft Norwich 13th July 1750. (The church is about a mile form Heigham, now part of Norwich but then a separate village. Son of William and Hannah Patrick.
http://freereg.rootsweb.com/cgi/SearchResults.pl?RecordType=Baptisms&RecordID=432501&v=MTM5Njc4MTYwNDoyMzAwNzYxZGQxNjJlMjY2OTQwMGVhM2U1NjRlNjc1MjliZjFiYmQx

Hannah Plummer baptised East Dereham 24 Jan 1756 daughter of John and Cathrine Plummer. Notes state "christian name written Henry but Hannah written above later"
http://freereg.rootsweb.com/cgi/SearchResults.pl?RecordType=Baptisms&RecordID=871722&v=MTM5Njc4MTkyMDoxZDU0OGYxZGIyYzYwZWRlNzMzMTZiMzkyZmUwNDAxNGZlNmNiMzRl

Garrett- London, Berks
Morton-Berkshire
Harvey- Essex
Hambling, Royal,Dale,Jackson, Tann, Boatwright Edridge/Etheridge/Uttridge -all Norfolk

Offline Janetmb52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 06 April 14 14:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information. I am still trying to make a connection between John Patrick and Richard Patrick. Did John's father William have a son named Richard?

Offline Duodecem

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 06 April 14 16:15 BST (UK) »
Sorry I don't think the link to the results will work. Here is a link to the freereg search.
http://freereg.rootsweb.com/cgi/Search.pl
I'm a bit confused about your question-I thought we'd established that John Patrick was Richard's father and William was John's father.  ??? Assuming we've got the correct Richard Patrick, of course. :-\
The only other baptism I can find for a child of William is Edmund born 13 March 1752 baptised 21st April 1752, St Peter Mancroft again to William and Hannah so it looks like a brother to John.

Garrett- London, Berks
Morton-Berkshire
Harvey- Essex

Offline Janetmb52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 06 April 14 17:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the link.
I am confused as well. I know the information in the 1841 census is right. He married Mary Ann Davidson. I know one census it mentions he was born in Ireland and all other census he was born in Norfolk, England. I am not sure if his parents orignated from Ireland or England. I am at a standstill right now because of this missing information.

Offline Duodecem

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 06 April 14 17:54 BST (UK) »
It's a difficult one isn't it? We know that in the 41 he is listed as not born in Kent; in 51 as born in Ireland and in 61 and 71 in Norfolk.
It could be the Ireland entry was a mistake- someone misheard, or made a guess because the name Patrick sounds Irish. It seems that Norfolk- having two entries-is the most likely.
Darlow in the 61 certainly looks as if it could be Dereham, but I can't read the Warbres part -it doesn't look like East -but then it doesn't look like anywhere I've heard of! It's a pity the 71 only says Norfolk and isn't more specific.
The balance of probabilities is that he came from Norfolk and the records we've found would seem to fit but it's by no means certain. If he'd been thoughtful enough to have named one of his daughters Hannah it would have helped!
Did he have any grandchildren? It look as though one daughter was unmarried and the other was widowed without children. Were there other children? Just hoping for clues! :-\
Garrett- London, Berks
Morton-Berkshire
Harvey- Essex

Offline Janetmb52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 06 April 14 18:02 BST (UK) »
Yes, Richard did have children

Elizabeth Matlida-1815
Mary Ann-1817
Selina-1823
Emma-1826
Alice-1828
Richard-1819
There are alot of grandchildren but none of them were named John or Hannah.

Offline Duodecem

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 06 April 14 20:10 BST (UK) »
What a pity, still it doesn't prove anything either way, not everyone named their children after their parents and maybe the daughters' names came from Mary Ann's family. With only one son there wasn't much chance of a John, William or Edmund!
Garrett- London, Berks
Morton-Berkshire
Harvey- Essex