Author Topic: BOORER - BORER One name study.  (Read 8837 times)

Offline reviresco

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BOORER - BORER One name study.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 February 09 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Can any  one tell me if they have information on a Matilda Boarer of the Boars head Rotherfield, She apparently committed suicide !!

Offline tabitha1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 February 09 19:38 GMT (UK) »
I have not heard what happened to Matilda Boarer except I found a marriage in 1842 21st September to a Thomas Boarer both are shown as having their fathers named Moses and both 22 years of age. I have no other details of later events. Sometime you can find details on A2a about individuals but I didnt find anything on her.
There appears to be no MI either that I am aware of but is of others in that area. No details of her death on free BMD were found.

Offline reviresco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 February 09 19:47 GMT (UK) »
thanks for your reply I have a copy of her Matilda's marriage certificate and her father inlaws (Moses) Inquest report but have only just heard of the suicide ??

Offline tabitha1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 19 February 09 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for reply. I found out quite a bit about the Boarer  name spelt l that way
on the Sussexweald site. Several families are shown on there.  I wonder if there is a report in a Sussex newpaper about the suicide?  Are you related to that particular  line?
Im trying to do treelines of many of the various variants following on from the late James Ellis work  and to date have around 25 or so lines in the making.

Offline reviresco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 19 February 09 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again
Moses was my Great Great great Grandfather rose my great grand mother was grand daughter to Moses

Offline tabitha1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 19 February 09 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your further reply.
Oh I see its very sad when you find out what happened to ancestors at times isnt it.
Do you have the tree further back than those on the Weald one?  I think Ive added a few extra bits of information to some of them on my notes on the Boarer lines on there but like a lot of other ones I have yet to construct the trees.

Im interested if anyone wants to send me their lines on Boarer and variants and  I do not publish them on the net only try to help anyone that is researching their own respective ones. I never disclose any recent information either up to 1911 census only if relevant to a particular case.

Offline Rickter The King

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 22 February 09 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
I am Rick Boarer of London, middlesex, Canada.  I am the gr gr gr gr grandson of John Bowra c.1765 and Ann Weston c.1765 of Rotherfield, Sussex, England.  The name changed through the generations to my last Name Boarer.  I haven't been able to find any birth records/death records on John and Ann and was wondering if you would be able to Help?  I have a lot of info on the boarer, bowra, borers, i am willing to share.
thanks
Rickter The King
Boarer, Borer, Bowra, Boorer, Ryckman, Baker, Scanlon, Shaw, Humphries, Irwin, Ralph(Rolf), world wide................

Offline tabitha1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 22 February 09 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply if you reply to me via the one name study site for the name  then I can email you direct is you like. Im fairly new to the one name one but do know about some Boorer and variant lines due to my own persoanl research before taking on the one name due to the demise of James two years ago.
Thanks again

Offline Rickter The King

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 22 February 09 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
can't figure out how to access the one name site, sorry  still really new to this site, but you can contact me via email if you like at (*).
thanks
Rick Boarer

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Boarer, Borer, Bowra, Boorer, Ryckman, Baker, Scanlon, Shaw, Humphries, Irwin, Ralph(Rolf), world wide................