Author Topic: Lookup request for Sarah Amelia Brumpton  (Read 7373 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup request for Sarah Amelia Brumpton
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 10 April 14 15:52 BST (UK) »
Can't find a marriage of a Thomas Brumpton/Brompton and Hannah that ties in.  However, there is a Hannah Hamilton baptised to Richard and Jane in 1851 in Thames Ditton and she appears to have a brother Frederick born 1857 according to 1861 and 1871 Census.  He's the only Frederick Hamilton born Thames Ditton that appears on the Census.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 10 April 14 15:56 BST (UK) »
Definitely looks like mother is Hannah Hamilton.  Daughter Jane who is listed on 1881 Census with them is baptised as Jane Hamilton (although lists Thomas and Anna as parents) the same day as Sarah Amelia.  Jane's birth date is entered as 4 Feb 1876 which is wrong as she's listed as 7 on the 1881 Census and son Charles' baptism is in August 1876 with a birthdate that month.

Whether Thomas and Hannah ever married is another matter. ;D

I'd still save my pennies and get Sarah Amelia's marriage certificate to be certain.  Thomas being a carpenter should confirm it beyond any doubt but looks most likely.

You can thank familysearch for that, entered Sarah Amelia Brumpton without exact surname and it came up with the marriage index entry and the baptism as Brompton so went digging as thought was a bit of a coincidence.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Muffin41

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 10 April 14 16:26 BST (UK) »
Well I'm going to save my pennies - € - Euros where I live and buy the certificate later on. ;D

Thank you all for searching and finding so much. :D

Muffin41
Pow in Bath Somerset, Essex, Middlesex, Lancashire, Surrey, Australia, New Zealand and USA
Bailey, Hare, in Bath & Taunton Somerset
Nash in Seend Wiltshire, Bath Somerset
Snook in Middlesex, Leicestershire, Surrey, Berkshire, Portugal and Canada
Billinghurst, Furlonger, Hoare, Huntingford, Tilbury, Webb in Surrey