Author Topic: Patrick SLOAN and Sarah WALMSLEY married about 1841, Ballymartin  (Read 6411 times)

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Sloan b1821 & Sarah Elizabeth Walmsley c1823 m c1841 Ballymartin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 April 19 19:18 BST (UK) »
Yes...I saw the 2nd sentence  "Previous info on here I have."

So with just 1 post how can someone have "Previous info on here I have."  ??

It's got so bad lately that it is becoming increasing more common to search for previous threads posted........

Some have 5 or 6 threads started looking for same people!

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 April 19 23:58 BST (UK) »
kiwimintie is brand-new to RootsChat so can't be expected to know procedures.
Perhaps didn't want to seem to "hijack" another person's thread or assumed that old threads are ignored.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline kiwimintie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 April 19 06:13 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Thanks for the replies...   Sorry Hallmark, not very friendly of you.  AND, I already HAVE all that info  - I notice a couple of the posts are VERY OLD....    I have previously seen it on here!!
None of it answers MY queries.

So,  I should be adding my query to the old posts.  I didn't realise you could do so when the posts are so old.  I will endeavour to do this.
And thank you to Maiden Stone who recognised that I am a newby to this........ it all takes some getting used to and every site is different.    Can you please advise what the moderator says?  I won't be touching it for a few days as I am otherwise occupied.
Cheers,  Trish

Threads merged. 

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick SLOAN and Sarah WALMSLEY married about 1841, Ballymartin
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 20 April 19 19:17 BST (UK) »
I started a reply earlier and lost it.  I've been locked out of this thread until now. Never happened to me before.  ???
In process of trying to get back in, I saw yet another thread about a Sarah Walmesley who married a Patrick Sloan and went to NZ. from LYNNE in 2009. Have you seen that one, Trish? Select Search on brown bar at top of this page,  enter Sloan in search box and tick 'contained in posts', select 'search all boards'.
When you have made a couple more posts you can use the private message facility to contact Lynne and other Sloan descendants if you wish.

Offline Synot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 21 April 19 01:02 BST (UK) »
I have a couple of variants with respect to the information posted so far. The information I have is from Sarahs Death certificate in New Zealand (26/02/1906)
https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/Search/Search?Path=querySubmit.m%3fReportName%3dDeathSearch%26recordsPP%3d30#SearchResults
reference:  1906/2207.
Name - Sarah Sloane (Sloan has an "E")
Father - George Wamsley (Not listed as Walmsley)
Mother - Listed as Christina Medore (not McDowell)
Age at death 84, married at 19.
I haven't managed to find anything more regard  George and Christina in addition to the previous posts.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 April 19 17:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Synot,

janali email notifications are back working again - yeay hopefully they will reply to your topic soon. janali if you need help accessing our profile you can click on "contact support" for help with this.

I started a reply earlier and lost it.  I've been locked out of this thread until now. Never happened to me before.  ???
Maidenstone I am guessing that you replying to the thread at the exact time a moderator was merging the two topic that was the reason for your problem.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk