Author Topic: Patrick SLOAN and Sarah WALMSLEY married about 1841, Ballymartin  (Read 8816 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Sloan b1821 & Sarah Elizabeth Walmsley c1823 m c1841 Ballymartin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 April 19 19:18 BST (UK) »
Yes...I saw the 2nd sentence  "Previous info on here I have."

So with just 1 post how can someone have "Previous info on here I have."  ??

It's got so bad lately that it is becoming increasing more common to search for previous threads posted........

Some have 5 or 6 threads started looking for same people!

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 April 19 23:58 BST (UK) »
kiwimintie is brand-new to RootsChat so can't be expected to know procedures.
Perhaps didn't want to seem to "hijack" another person's thread or assumed that old threads are ignored.
Cowban

Offline kiwimintie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 April 19 06:13 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Thanks for the replies...   Sorry Hallmark, not very friendly of you.  AND, I already HAVE all that info  - I notice a couple of the posts are VERY OLD....    I have previously seen it on here!!
None of it answers MY queries.

So,  I should be adding my query to the old posts.  I didn't realise you could do so when the posts are so old.  I will endeavour to do this.
And thank you to Maiden Stone who recognised that I am a newby to this........ it all takes some getting used to and every site is different.    Can you please advise what the moderator says?  I won't be touching it for a few days as I am otherwise occupied.
Cheers,  Trish

Threads merged. 
Sloan/e   Walmesley/Wamsley and variants  Bell  Fitzgibbons   Howell    Davies

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick SLOAN and Sarah WALMSLEY married about 1841, Ballymartin
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 20 April 19 19:17 BST (UK) »
I started a reply earlier and lost it.  I've been locked out of this thread until now. Never happened to me before.  ???
In process of trying to get back in, I saw yet another thread about a Sarah Walmesley who married a Patrick Sloan and went to NZ. from LYNNE in 2009. Have you seen that one, Trish? Select Search on brown bar at top of this page,  enter Sloan in search box and tick 'contained in posts', select 'search all boards'.
When you have made a couple more posts you can use the private message facility to contact Lynne and other Sloan descendants if you wish.
Cowban

Offline Synot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 21 April 19 01:02 BST (UK) »
I have a couple of variants with respect to the information posted so far. The information I have is from Sarahs Death certificate in New Zealand (26/02/1906)
https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/Search/Search?Path=querySubmit.m%3fReportName%3dDeathSearch%26recordsPP%3d30#SearchResults
reference:  1906/2207.
Name - Sarah Sloane (Sloan has an "E")
Father - George Wamsley (Not listed as Walmsley)
Mother - Listed as Christina Medore (not McDowell)
Age at death 84, married at 19.
I haven't managed to find anything more regard  George and Christina in addition to the previous posts.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 April 19 17:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Synot,

janali email notifications are back working again - yeay hopefully they will reply to your topic soon. janali if you need help accessing our profile you can click on "contact support" for help with this.

I started a reply earlier and lost it.  I've been locked out of this thread until now. Never happened to me before.  ???
Maidenstone I am guessing that you replying to the thread at the exact time a moderator was merging the two topic that was the reason for your problem.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kmintrom

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 30 September 19 02:22 BST (UK) »
George Walmsley married Christina Medool/ McDowell 1816 they had a child Elizabeth Sarah/Sarah Elizabeth  B1821 Kilkeel. Christina then married HUGH MC ALINDEN 1826 From the marriage cert States Christina Walmsley alias Medool/McDowell. No other known children for this couple. Did Christina and Hugh have any children?

Elizabeth Sarah/Betty Sally (and variations) and Patrick Sloan M 1841. Patrick Sloan Died Killyleigh Co Down 1864 aged 42 the information given by his wife he died of TB. Have no other information on Patricks family at all.  had 8 known children most of whom went to New Zealand.
Sarah's mother Christina or Christiana McDowell m George Walmsley, later m Hugh McAlindon b1801 on 5 Aug 1826 Kilkeel, per IGI. 

Will you please clarify:
Was it Christina McDowell who was born in 1801? Where?
Whom did Christina marry on 5th August 1826? Was this in Kilkeel? When did she marry the other husband?
Do you have another thread on RootsChat about this family? You ask for "new info" so I assume that you have previously asked for information on them.
Edit. I now see that this is your first post on RootsChat. Welcome to RootsChat.  :)