Author Topic: The new FindMyPast (Part 4)  (Read 29708 times)

Offline libby9

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The new FindMyPast (Part 4)
« Reply #171 on: Sunday 25 May 14 03:28 BST (UK) »
Hi tanginitoo,  I am sorry you have, since 'new search' was introduced, a wasted subscription.  If you'd like to send me a PM, I may be able to help you regain some money.

Offline tanginitoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Sunday 25 May 14 04:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for offering to get my money back.  To be honest, I am 'over it all' right now!  I actually don't want my money back.......all I want is to go back to the pre 'new search' days and find all the things that I used to be able to find! My subscription runs out in July, so, having been without the facility since March, it really isn't worth worrying about now, but again, thank you so much for offering!
Major names of interest:
Alexis,  Ashworth (from Whittlesey, Cambs.),Atwater, Belsham, Brown (Pudsey), Chick,Col(l)om, Evans (Southwark & Woolwich), Forster (Cheshire), Gardner (Bow & Stepney), Gray (Cambridge),Lea (Staffs & Cheshire) Longmate, Pain (Devon) Parke, Parker (Hanley, Staffs), Plant, Proctor (Lincoln & Newark),
Treeby (Devon), Ward Pudsey

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Sunday 25 May 14 10:44 BST (UK) »
It's still a shambles, and trying to find someone using birth place is farcical.  All well and good entering county only if searching for an unusual name, but if searching for say John Smith without place of birth, is just too time consuming.  I do wonder whether FindMyPast will ever be fixed, so many bugs.

Totally agree.
It's 2 months now and although there have been a few 'cosmetic' tweaks,  basically it is still a nightmare.  It used to be so easy and so good and so quick to find anyone.
I really miss the address search.

On the bmd search the 'from' and 'to' box for the date was perfect - none of this +/- years - and the old way delivered the results in date order too.

I find I now have to think and work out which form is best to use, having found that the search form for a specific set of records is not necessarily the one which will give the results needed. 

I do go back and try to find things, but it's still awful.
I'm very grateful to this forum that it can be discussed and advice given,

Lisa

Moderator Comment:
Topic locked as it's getting big, and continued:

The new Findmypast (Part 5)