Author Topic: Ballinakill McDonalds  (Read 5299 times)

Offline qltfiend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ballinakill McDonalds
« on: Friday 24 June 05 11:33 BST (UK) »
Patrick McDonald -Mary Kelly parents  of William McDonald [1812 -1885] who married Julia Whalen [1823-1890]. William and Julia had three sons in Ireland: Patrick, Michael and Jeremiah. All of above, except Patrick Sr. emigrated to US (some by way of Canada) and settled in upstate New York. Williams' sister Ellen also came to US as a child. Other siblings who immigrated were: Mary Murphy, Kate Murphy, Bridgett McGrath, James McDonald, Patrick McDonald and Michael McDonald

Offline francisoneil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ballinakill McDonalds
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 July 05 23:09 BST (UK) »
hi cousin..thanx for keeping up with my post. there are a lot of fine folk who use the chatroom. check in from time to time, one of them may have helpful info. Did you ever think it would be this difficult.? FJO
attempting to determine origin of/last home in Ireland of Michael O'Neil 1801-1880/Hanora Moore-O'Neil 1803-1911 thought to have left from Kilkenny. Year of departure 1851. went to Canada resided there 3 yrs, then migrated to and settled in Montague, Lewis co., New York.They traveled with childrn michael,john,hanora,elizabeth.added bridget and Ann in Canada. Arthur and others born in New York.

Offline francisoneil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 July 05 09:09 BST (UK) »
Dear Kay, I have some church record from Canada indicating Hanora Moore's maiden name was O'Brien. Can you check with Auntie H. and see if she's able to confirm this? I think we're making slow progress on that side of the family. You have my email. FO
attempting to determine origin of/last home in Ireland of Michael O'Neil 1801-1880/Hanora Moore-O'Neil 1803-1911 thought to have left from Kilkenny. Year of departure 1851. went to Canada resided there 3 yrs, then migrated to and settled in Montague, Lewis co., New York.They traveled with childrn michael,john,hanora,elizabeth.added bridget and Ann in Canada. Arthur and others born in New York.

Offline francisoneil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 August 05 01:25 BST (UK) »
Dear qltfiend;
I got that last question wrong...i should have said the records indicated Hanora-Moore- O'Neil's  MOTHERS name was O'Brien, not Michael's wifes name..of course Her maiden name was Moore. It's confusing because Hanora O'Neil's mother also was named Hanora.
 Hope all is well;
Frank

Offline catherune 1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 August 05 01:26 BST (UK) »

Hi, I am afriad I am nothing to do with Mcdonalds.  I would like to know if anyone knows about the manor that used to be in Bllinakill?

Offline qltfiend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 August 05 05:11 BST (UK) »
I have discovered that there is more than one Ballinakill. We're talking about the one in Co. Laios (formerly Co. Queens).