Author Topic: George Hickman  (Read 2714 times)

Offline gillianR

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: George Hickman
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Willow

I have had a reply from that person on Ancetry.co.uk

He can't really help, as he only knows that George was married to an Alice, and cannot find a
marriage certificate either. He did say he would keep a 'lookout' though. At least he replied:)

I am tempted to try for the marriage cert for Alice Rimmer, seeing as how I have the Ref. No.
I will think about it and let you know.

Regards
Gillianr

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 15:26 BST (UK) »
Might be your best bet I will keep my eyes open too

Nice of him to reply  ;D

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline bazpat555

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 23 November 18 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gillian

Are you still looking for the parents of George Hickman.  I am descended from William Hickman born 1848 Wolverhampton.  I was looking for his birth certificiate but cannot find it. However, I have found baptisms for the last 4 children.  I presumed as Mary is stated as being born in Ireland she was catholic, so searched their records.  I have found the baptisms for Mary, John, Harriet and Charles, which were done at St Peters and St Pauls Catholic church in Wolverhampton and St Marys and St Johns in Wolverhampton.  I need to find those for the first 4 children, James, George, Edward and William.  According to the baptism certificates it clearly states their mothers name as Mary MURRAY.   I intend, hopefully, early next year to go to the Catholic records office in Birmingham to see if I can find the other baptisms and possibly the marriage of Charles Hickman and Mary Murray.  I am informed that a lot of catholics did not register the births as they thought the baptism sufficient and it wasnt until the 1880s that a fine was imposed for not registering them. 
Pat