Author Topic: Playfair/Mitchell/McDougall of Eccles, Berwickshire  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Jimmy M

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Playfair/Mitchell/McDougall of Eccles, Berwickshire
« on: Monday 14 April 14 22:42 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am researching the Playfair/Mitchel/McDougall families who lived in Eccles, Berwickshire, Scotland in the 19th century. My earliest record is off a marriage between James Playfair and Jean Mitchel in 1818. One of their daughters Jean (b 1830) married Henry McDougall in June 1865.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Jimmy M

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Playfair/Mitchell/McDougall of Eccles, Berwickshire
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hi

Yes, that is the family. Their youngest child, William Alexander Playfair b 1832, may be my g grandfather. He appears in the 1841 census and then disappears. Despite years of searching this is the first WAP (who was a son of a James Playfair) I have come across before my ggf and ggm's marriage in 1869 in Ireland. Jane Playfair appears to be the only offspring to have married.

I have made contact with Playfair families in the area but they are not long time locals,

Many thanks for you kindness.

Jim