Author Topic: Tabberrer Nottingham  (Read 4491 times)

Offline hudsonh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Tabberrer Nottingham
« on: Tuesday 15 April 14 09:23 BST (UK) »
I have drawn a complete blank on the Tabberrer family. Lydia Tabberrer married John Pole at Radford St Peters in 1829. I would be very grateful for any information about this marriage e.g. were there any recorded witnesses. Also a James Tabberrer was buried at St Peter, age 3 in 1817. Any information about him or any other Tabberer baptism, marriage or burial at any time in Radford would be most appreciated.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Tabberrer Nottingham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 10:24 BST (UK) »
Baptism Radford Christ Church
25-2-1900 Winnifred dau of Henry & Caroline TABBERER aged 11 years, abode 6 Moores Yd.
marriage Radford St Peter
30-7-1868 Henry Thomas TABBERER and Emma Litchfield
1-3-1829 John Pole and Lydia TABBERER
Burial Radford St Peter
15-12-1817 James TABERER aged 3 abode Radford
sadly no parents listed in the notes.
That is it for Radford on the NFHS cd's
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

The James buried in 1817 was the child of William & Mary Tabberah and was baptised 3.7. 1814 at St Mary's Nottingham.  William was a FWK and address was Millstone Lane

By 1817 William & Mary had moved to Radford where they had 2 more children.  The name was spelt as Taberah.

Robert Taberah  & Mary Taberah both baptised on 4.4. 1817 at Radford to William & Mary, FWK

William Tabberah married Mary Winter 20.5. 1804 at St Marys.

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hudsonh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 15:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you both so much for your help. Lydia Tabberrer and her husband lived in St Marys after their marriage and are found there in 1841. Robert Tabberrer lived a short distance away and had a son, John. By 1851 Lydia and her family had moved to Derby where a Thomas Tabberrer from Nottingham was living in Agard Street. Thomas had a nephew living with him who appears, by his name and age to have been the son of Robert Tabberrer seen above in the 1841 Census . By 1861, although Thomas Tabberrer had died Lydia was living next door! Unless there's an almighty coincidence (the possibility of which I don't dismiss) I think it likely that with such an unusual surname there could be some family link. Lydia gives her place of birth as Leicester and her father as John Tabberrer Frame Work Knitter but the Nottingham Directories have a John Tabberrer Frame Work Knitter living in Nottingham. I feel there might be a link between these people somewhere though I've yet to see it..

Offline hudsonh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 15:22 BST (UK) »
Carol, You have been unbelievably helpful. The clue was the spelling of Taberrer as Taberah. I have thought of a few alternative spellings throughout the years but never this one. I found Lydia Taberah on Familysearch, baptised to John Taberah and his wife, Sarah, at St Marys, Leicester, in 1799. You have just given my brick wall an almighty kick. Thank you.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 15:58 BST (UK) »
Well done Carol, I only searched as Tab%r  ::) never thought of it ending in H.
And so I find,
baptism Nottingham St Peter
14-8-1782 Lydia dau of John and Mary TABRAH father a FWK
with a burial, same church
21-6-1789 LIDIA TABBERAH  notes dau of John
So surely a family name?

There is a marriage at Nottingham St Peter
21-12-1795 John Tabberah and Sarah Beakley.
And another at Nottm St Mary
18-6-1780 John Tabberrah and Mary Cockshead.

Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 17:53 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear it's all coming together.

Burial

Mary Tabberrah, wife of John, buried 18.2. 1795 at St Peters

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hudsonh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 18:28 BST (UK) »
Fantastic. You've both put me on the right track, I'm sure. There are births to John and Sarah in Leicester from 1797 to 1803 and then there are baptisms to John and Sarah in Nottingham from 1805. I wonder whether the earlier John, married to Mary and father of Lydia (1782-1789) then married Sarah Beakely after the death of his first wife, Mary, in 1795, moved briefly to Leicester and then back to Nottingham. One of John and Sarah's Leicester births was the unusally named Austin Tabberah and an Austin Tabberah was buried in Nottingham, St Peter, in 1806. Thank you both, you've made my day.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 09:40 BST (UK) »
 ;)