Author Topic: Garner family of Packington, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Graybeard65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Garner family of Packington, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire
« on: Thursday 17 April 14 20:15 BST (UK) »
     I'm researching my family, and hopefully to find a living relative or two, which definitely be a bonus.
Earliest ancestor found was John Garner of Burbage(unconfirmed) 1700-1740. Married to Catherine Choice, 1705-1772. They had 3 children, Hastings, 1728-1799, John, 1729-1799, and Susanna, 1733-1733.
     Hastings married Ruth Jones, and 6 children, Edward, Ruth, Thomas, Mary, John, Martha, and Elizabeth.
     John,1729-1799 married Elizabeth Sutton in 1759, and they had 8 children, Nathaniel, Martha, Mary, Sarah, Ruth, Hastings, Elizabeth, and William.
     I do have microfiche copies from the Packington Records of  their BMD from the 1600-present day.
     So if anyone has any further information they'd like to share, or needing any assistance in their researches, please let me know.  Looking forward to hearing from someone.  Hopefully, as I have mentioned, a living relative would be icing on the cake!  Thanks for listening :)

Richard Garner

Offline Carole Gomez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Garner family of Packington, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 11:16 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure if you're still looking as your post was quite some time ago, but the Hastings Garner who married Ruth Jones is my 5th Great Grandfather (and so she was my 5th great Grandmother) Their daughter Mary married John Hatchett, they had a daughter Martha who married Thomas Horwood (my 3rd great grandparents).
Price & Griffiths (Swansea), Horwood & Harris (Herts/Bucks), Robertson (Aberdeenshire/London), Vamplew (Lincolnshire /London),  Smith (Romani Travellers/BlackPatch), Greig (Aberdeenshire) Grimes (Norfolk)

Offline TYRELLA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Garner family of Packington, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 October 20 18:01 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure if you're still looking as your post was quite some time ago, but the Hastings Garner who married Ruth Jones is my 5th Great Grandfather (and so she was my 5th great Grandmother) Their daughter Mary married John Hatchett, they had a daughter Martha who married Thomas Horwood (my 3rd great grandparents).

I doubt I will get a response after all this time but I am related too.