Author Topic: Ancester Information  (Read 7950 times)

Offline napamike

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancester Information
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 July 10 01:34 BST (UK) »
thanks Dara- I posted that one because I got a PM from someone named "prove it" asking what records I had on them.  Not sure if the PM was cynical or just inquisitive. Since I couldn't write back directly, I added the second post. 
Thanks again for the encouragement.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 July 10 08:36 BST (UK) »
Hi- Am just getting started on McCowens also. My grandfather was born in Tralee. Do you have the names of the other brothers?  Robert is I beleive the first of the family to settle in Tralee in the late 1800's. He supposedly emigrated from Scotland but have not been able to confirm that.  He was responsible for starting the business that is still there, although  the family no longer owns it.

For family born in Tralee the place to start is the parish records on http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/  This website also covers records for Dublin (mostly city area)

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline napamike

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 July 10 17:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks - will check it out. 

Offline vivter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 August 10 16:31 BST (UK) »
Hi There Folks!,   I am just getting back to looking for info on the McCowens of Tralee.  I have been off the look for  McCowen information because of my Wife's health. I am chief bottle washer and cook for the two of us. Thank you to everyone who has replied :)
   It is my wife's relatives that are the McCowens and I have found out where her immediate family were all born and their movements around the turn of the century. I am trying to establish the link with Tralee before they moved to the Dublin area.
In Dublin I have traced back to " William Stephens MCCowen "  Book keeper accountant according to the 1901/1911 census, but I can not get any further at the moment. Some of the family lived in Heytesbury st,  others lived in Munster street.
They moved to Stepaside and lived in a large house until James John McCowen Died. The family then broke up with most of the family going North to Bangor Co.Down.   South Africa and England have descendant's also.  and there it is at the moment. :)
                      vivter :)

Offline GMcCowen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 21 June 20 04:39 BST (UK) »
hi there I am Glendon McCowen a descendant of william nicol McCowen who is my great grand father. I have some info if anyone is interested.

Offline McCowen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 03 August 20 20:51 BST (UK) »
I HAVE THE FAMILY TREE FOR THE MCCOWENS AT kIMMAGE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED

Offline James mccowen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 01 January 22 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.

I have recently started a family tree

I AM james mccowen. I believe that I maybe of interest to you.

My family HAs heritage in Ireland, tralee is mentioned. I also have a photo of a shop called Robert mccowen and sons.  I am trying to find the connection to Robert. Which I only discovered just the other day.

I can trace back to a John to as mccowen 1872-1940. I believe he moves to England and starts as a leather merchant in Worcester. I can only assume Robert maybe his father?

Be great to here what you know

Cheers
James