Author Topic: Silas Caddick  (Read 13023 times)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Silas Caddick
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 April 14 10:49 BST (UK) »
I agree I think they are probably siblings of either Silas or Elizabeth I think really we are going to need Sarah's birth certificate too to give us Elizabeths maiden name. I suspect Silas may have been either illigitimate and is on the 51 & 61 under another surname (though I have tried every combination I can think of!) or he was called something else other than Silas

Funny thing is a Silas Caddick married one of my relations but he was born 1878 Wolverhampton

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 April 14 12:21 BST (UK) »
My Silas Caddick married Annie Maud Hoggins and the funny thing is her mothers name was Mary Ann Caddick but I do know her father was Daniel and no there is no Silas

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 25 April 14 14:44 BST (UK) »
I've sent for Sarah's birth cert.
But if anyone out  there thinks of anything , please say!!
thanks for your help everyone!
Hudman, Souch, Grinyer, King, Nightingale, Sandoz, Gateley, Findley

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 April 14 17:14 BST (UK) »
Let us know what it says when you get it

Willow x

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 May 14 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Willow, well that cert doesn't help at all!!!
Silas Caddick was def given as father on marriage cert.
This birth cert gives parents as David Caddick and Martha Caddick formally Heighway. Back to the drawing board! 

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 02 May 14 14:36 BST (UK) »
Very strange!

I will keep looking

Willow x

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 02 May 14 15:33 BST (UK) »
Right!

I suspect Silas is illigitimate his mother has obviously registered him in his fathers name. The Heighway name seems to come mainly from the Shropshire area. There is a marriage of a Martha Heighway to a David Caddick 29.9.1861 at Half Moon Dunkinfield Cheshire her fathers name is Thomas his is Silas but looking on the census she was born 1842 so there is no way she is your Silas's mother

She is born Coalport Shropshire and ends up living in Bilston

And guess what Silas the father of David also has a son Daniel b c1824

Daniel married Betsey Wilkinson st Martin Tipton 1843

What address and fathers occupation did it give on the birth certificate?

Willow x

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 02 May 14 21:10 BST (UK) »
David Caddick is given as Butcher (Master)
Address is 62 Church street, Bilston, Wolverhampton
I've had such a busy day I've only sat down properly just now, so I'm going back to study the tree now. thanks for your ideas.
regards Debbie

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 05 May 14 22:09 BST (UK) »
Ignore some of that I put I was thinking you had ordered Silas's certificate for some reason

Did you order the 1864 or the 1865 birth certificate for Sarah? The one with parents David and Martha was baptised 1.1.1865 at St Leonards which would tie in with the 1864 birth

The 1865 should be for the Sarah with the parents Silas and Elizabeth

Also the Silas Caddick on the 1881 census with them is the child of a Thomas and Sarah Caddick he died 1882 in Birmingham. Thomas's father is the Silas born 1800 in Bilston

Willow x