Author Topic: Huntingdonshire Parish Records  (Read 10459 times)

Offline magslote

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Huntingdonshire Parish Records Sinclairs at Holme from Margaret Long
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 09 December 14 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kithra, do so hope this is what you are looking for.
1901  census long drove holme fen hunts
joseph sinclair married, male, 32 born 1869, upwood, foreman on farm
harriet wife,  born 1871 warboys.
polly dau, 1895 ramsey.
arthur son, 1899 holme
harry son, 1897 holme
harry carter, lodger, single, 18 born 1883 holme
1911 family at  holme fen, with addition of charles squires, boarder,42 1869 at chatteris cambs, now I know where to start looking for your family,I will help you all I can, no worries about C/Ds.
Margaret.

Offline magslote

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Huntingdonshire Parish Records
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 09 December 14 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Bapts at holme,on the Fenland Ark, a church on a boat, to which it called at stations, at stokes bridge,
johnsons point, it was in use from approx 1880s for about tens years, it was the idea of Rev Brooke
of holme c/e, to go out into the fens , as it was very remote, in winter people could not venture, into holme village for services.apparently Arthur Sinclair was bapt on the F/A and was born 11.11.1899, son of jo/harriet, also ethel may sinclair, was born 27.4.1900, dau, of jo/harriet.
married at holme c/e 26.7.1922
harry sinclair, 25, carman,of holme, son of joseph,=barbara grandison,21, sp of holme, and dau of william.
bapt  children of this couple were  harriet margaret26.6.1923 and rita marlene, 1932.Margaret.

Offline kithra

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Huntingdonshire Parish Records
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 09 December 14 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glenn. Very many thanks for taking a look and I’m sorry to have wasted your time as you couldn’t find any.

Hi Margaret. Thanks, I have all of those. It’s Sinclairs prior to 1800 that I’ve been unable to trace, apart from a few in the “Upwood and the Raveleys” parish records, and even then I’ve no idea where they originally came from. I haven’t’ been able to find out where Arthur’s wife Barbara Grandison came from either. But I do know, from my half-sister, that after Harry died in 1933 she went back to Edinburgh, Scotland. So it seems she had Scottish ancestry.
Gowler, Randall, Sinclair