Author Topic: Evans of Gogoyan, Llanddewi Brefi  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Welshroofing

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Evans of Gogoyan, Llanddewi Brefi
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 September 21 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
Yes I think you're probably right. I just thought maybe someone else had the Evans in their family tree. Thanks for helping me anyway!
Cheers,
Caulfeild
hi I'm related to Diana. Her husband was a brother of Walter Davies
I may be related to the Evans family of Gogoyan, Llanddewi Brefi. I think my 2x grt grandfather Jenkin Rees b Llangybi (c1814-c1882) married a Mary Evans in 1848 at Llanddewi Brefi. I believe this could have been Mary Evans (1828-1895), whose father was John Evans, (1791-1857) who was born and died at Gogoyan. Mary's sister, Diana, had a son called Jonathan Ceredig Davies, author, traveller and expert on Welsh folklore.
However, I am not 100% sure. I live a long way from Wales and can only rely on online records. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Caulfeild

Offline Welshroofing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 September 21 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi googling Jonathan Ceredig Davies tells me he was born 22nd May 1859 Llangunllo Cardiganshire is this correct?
Yes his father was jonathan as well. His brother Walter is my gg grandfather. Welshroofing@bigpond.com.
Keyboard86

Offline Welshroofing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm related to Diana, og gogoian farm. She married Jonathan Davies. And yes one of there sons is Jonathan ceredig Davies. You can find me on Facebook Joseph Douglas Davies. I used to live in Llanddewi brefi.

Offline Welshroofing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 January 22 10:10 GMT (UK) »
I may be related to the Evans family of Gogoyan, Llanddewi Brefi. I think my 2x grt grandfather Jenkin Rees b Llangybi (c1814-c1882) married a Mary Evans in 1848 at Llanddewi Brefi. I believe this could have been Mary Evans (1828-1895), whose father was John Evans, (1791-1857) who was born and died at Gogoyan. Mary's sister, Diana, had a son called Jonathan Ceredig Davies, author, traveller and expert on Welsh folklore.
However, I am not 100% sure. I live a long way from Wales and can only rely on online records. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Caulfeild
.  Hi I'm related to Jonathan ceredig Davies his father was Jonathan Davies. His brother was Walter Davies my 2 x grandfather.   Marys sister or Diana is related to llun farm Llanddewi brefi. I have a lot of information available. Like me on Facebook Joseph Douglas Davies Melbourne

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 January 22 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks,
Caulfeild

I wonder if Caulfield did get the marriage cert? It would have confirmed his "hunch". It's now viewable on line -
Parish Church, Llangybi, 8 Nov 1848
Jenkin Rees, full age, bachelor, blacksmith, Ty'n Gof, father Evan Rees, blacksmith
Mary Evans, full age, spinster, Gogouan (sic), father John Evans, farmer
Witnesses Roderick Evans, David Evans