Author Topic: printing inbox and outbox messages.  (Read 3812 times)

Offline kimhulme

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
printing inbox and outbox messages.
« on: Saturday 03 May 14 17:03 BST (UK) »
A few years ago I could print my inbox and outbox messages page by page (for future reference before each 'box' became full). I presume I did this by clicking required icons? Now the only way it seems to me is to  'Alt/Prt screen', bring up photoshop type programme and select new page, paste to it, then either save in pictures with tag or print there and then. Then it's back to my message page to select and scroll to thenext page. If there are lots of messages to one subject this takes ages and I'm sure that at one time I could print all a single topic messages in one go, page after page  following on from the previous one.
Any ideas?
KimH

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
Re: printing inbox and outbox messages.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 May 14 17:39 BST (UK) »
Kim, what program are you referring to?
Please ignore, I can surmise by Trystan's reply what you are asking.
Regards

Malky

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 May 14 17:39 BST (UK) »
Kim,

That's a very good question, but I can't see a simple way of doing it either.

You could I suppose highlight the text by dragging your mouse over it and paste it into Word (or something similar).

Sorry - not much help - bu thank you so much for your compliments of the site and letting others know about it.

Trystan
RootsChat Support
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 May 14 07:50 BST (UK) »
Maybe I am missing the point, but if it is Outlook why not move subjects by category to their own folders you can then print the folder, I think ??? Never tried it, but I have folders for my genealogy, direct ancestors, insurance, council and such along with many others and I just go to them when needed.

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 May 14 08:24 BST (UK) »
I think Kim is referring to the inbox and sent items in the RootsChat Personal Messages (but I could be mistaken).  ;)

Trystan
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 May 14 08:35 BST (UK) »
and for the second question ....
and I'm sure that at one time I could print all a single topic messages in one go, page after page  following on from the previous one.
You can still do this:  In the line where the "reply" button is, there is also a "Print" button.
Cick on this to show the topic on one page, in a printable format and then print it in the usual way, or copy and paste ithe whole topic to a file.

This is also useful, if you want to read long multi-page topics, as you can then use the browser search function on the whole topic.

See also: Help pages:
Help Pages » Index to Help-Pages and click on "Printing a topic"

or
Help Pages » Index to Help-Pages and click on "Long topics"

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline kimhulme

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 May 14 18:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help? 'Tis true that under your reply to me /topic it says REPLY,ADD POLL, UNNOTIFY, SEND THIS TOPIC, PRINT, but at the bottom of my personal messages topic page/s all I get is  REPLY TO ALL, DELETE CONVERSATION.
Under each personal message are options to click for REPLY, QUOTE, DELETE.

Offline kimhulme

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 04 May 14 21:38 BST (UK) »
Problem solved.... When the page has been selected showing all the message dates, subjects and from or to (outbox or inbox) then by using the 'change view' icon (extreme left) on the date and subject etc. line  this gives all messages showing one after another (otherwise messages relating to a single subject are shown only) By right clicking on the page this brings up the print option.  I had to select the 'print using system docs' at the bottom in blue. Then you will have your normal printing options.
I found that deleting a whole page was done by selecting  the  box on the right of the date and subject line of the main pages view. It's above the delete boxes relating to each message. You are given the option to change your mind. All I want to know now is how to check how full my inbox and outbox are.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 May 14 21:42 BST (UK) »
All I want to know now is how to check how full my inbox and outbox are.

We don't impose a limit on inbox/outbox size on RootsChat. Fill Yer Boots!

Trystan