Author Topic: Kings Head Terrace, Meliden - where was it?  (Read 7757 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Head Terrace, Meliden - where was it?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 May 14 18:57 BST (UK) »
While Kings Head Terrace is not specifically identified as far as I can see,you can follow the "development" of the area by going through the historic maps at www.old-maps.co.uk.
I'm also a local (Dyserth).

Regards
Roger

Offline Cariad.bach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 May 14 09:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Zoe, that's very kind of your Dad to ask about the booklet, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

It's also very kind of you to offer to get photos, thank you, but I just live in Prestatyn, so it's easy enough for me to pop up (when it ever stops raining!)

Furber was the first name I have researched from the Memorial, I will be starting on the others soon, it's good to hear that Ottley may be an easy one if there was a large family - one other that I looked at was very difficult to connect with Meliden, but I got there with a lot of help!

Thanks for link to the maps Roger, I had been googling Kings Head Terrace, in the hope that I could find an old map of the area, showing it, but couldn't find anything. It will be interesting to see the development though, thanks :)
WYNNE and HUMPHREYS - Soughton, Flintshire
LLOYD and JONES - Gwernaffield/Northop/Rhydymwyn, Flintshire
ROWLAND/S - Dinas Mawddwy/Merionethshire and Caernarfon

Offline Darran67

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Emma.  The building opposite Mount Pleasant was the King's Head Pub (now called Bank House). To the rear were cottages called King's Head Terrace.  I'm not sure if they are all still there or if some have been knocked into larger cottages.  All the maps I've seen just show a couple of buildings to the rear of the pub and not the 7? which there may have been.  Hopefully the attached picture will work.