Author Topic: Tracing the marriage of George Rogers  (Read 3770 times)

Online wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing the marriage of George Rogers
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 13:17 BST (UK) »
Yes, I do. I had searched high and low on Ancestry, also Dusty Docs and Findmypast websites plus Shropshire parish registers. I have used Ancestry as my main database and have the relevant census records stored from this site, though I have struggled more with birth and marriage dates - for example, I still haven't managed to trace the precise birth date for George Rogers

I had of course overlooked (through a combination of naivety and inexperience) the solutions identified in this thread!

Kind regards

Don't you worry about any ideas of naivity!I can tell you that I was far worse than you when I first started!

With regards to the entry of the Sarah Nicholas I found in Whittington in the 1841 Census,if you search out this entry on Ancestry,click to get the original entry then click where it says Related Content.You will find a link to a Tree with details of the Nicholas family.However the Tree does not have further details of Sarah Nicholas(1834)'s mother a Jane Nicholas(1797)'s marriage to the Richard Rogers in 1849.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline davef

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 13:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this. I had suspicions that Richard Rogers was somehow involved. That comment about 'Related content' will prove a great help.

Kind regards.

Offline Philsalop

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 May 17 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,my family are also from selattyn,my fathers name was john rogers whom  is laid to rest in the quinta graveyard weston rhyn, there is a Sarah rogers there who was married to Walter if my memory serves me correct they died in the Thirty's. I will have a look next time I visit and post them here.good luck with your search.