Author Topic: Birth/Death of Eliza Dorothy Meecham - Swansea  (Read 767 times)

Offline DCM35

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth/Death of Eliza Dorothy Meecham - Swansea
« on: Tuesday 13 May 14 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm hoping someone out there would be kind enough to do a look up for me. I've come across a record on-line for a birth of Eliza Dorothy Meecham, Apr/May/June 1893, Swansea, who died July/Aug/Sept 1894, Swansea. Can anyone check to see who the parents were, as this may be my great aunt.

Thanks
Meecham, Andrews

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
Re: Birth/Death of Eliza Dorothy Meecham - Swansea
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

There are two Eliza Dorothy Meecham's born in Swansea, your's in 1893-1894, and the other born 1901, I would say that after the death of the first child, they then named there next daughter, after the one that had died, parents Daniel and Margaret.

Margp

Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 13:32 BST (UK) »
Pleased you found the 2nd baby MargP as there's an Eliza Dorothy Meecham wedding in Swansea in 1925 :)

The 1911 confirms that 1 baby had died; there's also a gap between children aged 15 and 20, where the 1st Eliza Dorothy would have been had she lived.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline DCM35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 13:47 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for replying.

I spotted the birth/death entries on GeneJeannie, with parents listed as Joseph and Ruth, and birth/death registered in Swansea. These parents and the siblings names on that site are definitely my relatives. As the parent names don't match your find, I'll have to assume this Eliza is not my great aunt, unless anyone finds any further records to show otherwise.

Thanks for your time.
Meecham, Andrews

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

Can you give us the full details, for the family you are researching.

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Coley Dudley.
Parker Stafford.
Duckworth Cheshire.
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi

The family tree on Genejeannie is submitted tree, and I don't think that Eliza belongs to them, I assume you have the 1911 census for Joseph and Ruth, and it states they had 3 children all living

Margp
Coley Dudley.
Parker Stafford.
Duckworth Cheshire.
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 14:39 BST (UK) »
Your best bet then would be to order the birth certificate, stating you only want it if the parents are Joseph and Ruth.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 14:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

The family tree on Genejeannie is submitted tree, and I don't think that Eliza belongs to them, I assume you have the 1911 census for Joseph and Ruth, and it states they had 3 children all living

Margp

Strangely in the 1901 Joseph and Ruth have children Harold 9, Ernest 6 and Doris 1 month, which would leave a gap where Eliza Dorothy would have been.

Edited to add - sorry had Eliza born in 1897 in my head so this gap is in the wrong place....