Author Topic: Carroll family, Glasgow  (Read 2751 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Carroll family, Glasgow
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 March 20 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

hevhve has not been online with Rootschat since January 2015.  He will receive a notification of your post unless he has changed his email address.  I notice there was no reply to Yvonne's post above in 2017
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Mojito

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 April 21 23:55 BST (UK) »
John Carroll was my grandfathers brother. My grandfather was Robert O’Carroll who lived all of his life in Dublin but did visit Glasgow in his early years. He had seven children Frank, Eddie, Roseleen, Robert who lived in London, Michael, Tommy and the youngest who was my mother May. All of them are now deceased.

Robert was in the old IRA during the civil war and spent some time in Irish and British prisons. He was buried with full military honours in Glasnevin Cemetery Dublin.

Offline jollys

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 August 21 10:30 BST (UK) »
Do you know if the Carrolls mentioned originally came from the Briggait area particularly King Street My great grandfather Patrick Carroll lived there and had children Patrick Anne James Michael and others and they were baptised in St Andrews in Clyde Street. That is as far as I have gotten in my search and would appreciate any helpful information. Thanks Joe