Author Topic: Yew Tree Cemetery Liverpool  (Read 801 times)

Offline ele002

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Under Age Grandfather
    • View Profile
Yew Tree Cemetery Liverpool
« on: Monday 19 May 14 21:38 BST (UK) »
Is anyone conversant with the layout of the above?.

I have found a burial in the Burial Records which shows Grave 1191. I suspect it is a communal grave. However, The plot plan I found on the internet shows the plots with a number and a letter.

However, at the top of the page of records it states 'Public Sec A' even though some the entries show a number and a letter, which would match the plan I have.

Any suggestions.

Eric
Jones:Middleton, Howarth:Manchester, Dean:Ardwick/Manchester, Harvey:Nth Manchester & Elland/West Yorks,  Tattersall:Manchester/Salford/Burnley,  
 Lees:Prestwich/Manchester, Wild : Manchester/Salford,
Davies/Williams :Ruabon/Wrexham
Peace: Burton on Trent

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Yew Tree Cemetery Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 May 14 23:22 BST (UK) »
Public graves have no headstones etc but always have a plot number.  There is sometimes a "brick" set by the plot with the plot number on it but it is usually invisible if it has been pressed into the ground and overgrown by grass.

The grave numbers would be shown on any plan.  I have a couple of ancestors buried in public graves in Anfield cemetary and we found the area quite easily but had to enlist the help of cemetary staff to pinpoint the graves.

It is sometimes possible to work it out from adjacent private grave numbers but if they are in a whole section dedicated solely to public graves that may not be possible.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 18:05 BST (UK) »
Section A is a public grave section. Unfortunately the map that's available online doesn't show the location of Section A. You could make an enquiry asking about the location of Section A:-

http://liverpool.gov.uk/births-marriage-deaths/burials-and-cremations/cemeteries-and-crematoria/

"Yew Tree Cemetery

Yew Tree is not managed by Liverpool City Council but the Archdiocese of Liverpool. For enquiries relating to Yew Tree Cemetery you should contact the main office at:

LACE Croxteth Drive Liverpool L17 1AA Telephone: 0151 522 1000"

Blue

Offline ele002

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Under Age Grandfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 19:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks.

I found something else related to Yew Tree Cemetery which made me think there was more to it than that shown on the map.

Eric
Jones:Middleton, Howarth:Manchester, Dean:Ardwick/Manchester, Harvey:Nth Manchester & Elland/West Yorks,  Tattersall:Manchester/Salford/Burnley,  
 Lees:Prestwich/Manchester, Wild : Manchester/Salford,
Davies/Williams :Ruabon/Wrexham
Peace: Burton on Trent