Author Topic: William Richard Welch - Convict arrived "Tottenham" 1814  (Read 6261 times)

Offline Lucy Welch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Richard Welch - Convict arrived "Tottenham" 1814
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 08 August 19 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hey Cuz! 
That’s really exciting to meet someone with such a close link. Darrell Gilbert Welch was my grandfather. I’ve read a little about Harcourt and Roy via the Mosman library war records. Both sound like incredible characters.  I have a framed picture in my home of Agnes Annie and son Lyall Hunter (before his accident) here in my lounge room. My father has one of William George on his horse, and one of the family in Maitland. I’m interested in George Clayton’s time in Goulburn, as I believe that one of his younger siblings may have been born in Crookwell, where I happen to live now, around 1862.
Would be great to get in touch.
Lucy

Offline Mark Welch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Richard Welch - Convict arrived "Tottenham" 1814
« Reply #28 on: Friday 30 August 19 06:19 BST (UK) »
I Like that Cuz  :D
That would be really good to meet or get in contact. I live in Newcastle NSW . Its funny you mentioned Agnes Annie and Lyle Hunter. My Dad is Hunter Welch named after his uncle and my brother named his son Hunter as well, keeping the flow of tradition. I would love to see that picture. My Mobile is 0421563168 or can find me on Facebook using the name Mark Welch in Newcastle.
Hope to get some form of contact with in the future.
Regards
Mark Welch