Author Topic: The Diary of Nathaniel Bryceson Revisited Again  (Read 22449 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Diary of Nathaniel Bryceson Revisited Again
« Reply #144 on: Monday 06 January 20 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tom. Welcome to rootschat and our wonderful Nathaniel Bryceson threads.  :) Have you read all of them?  :)

I presume you are a descendant with a surname like Bryceson? If so, who are you descended from?

Is there any other way to view your blog? Wordpress is asking for log in details, or requesting I create an account ....

Online Drosybont

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Monday 06 January 20 22:17 GMT (UK) »
When I followed the link to the Wordpress page I found a link to Tom's blog there.  It's in quite small print, not obvious, but through it I could read the blog without signing up to anything.  It's well worth it, very interesting, congratulations Tom.

Drosybont
Hotham, Guilliatt, Brown, Winter, Buck, Webster, Mortimore
Richards, Meredith, Gower, Davies, Todd, Westmacott, Hill
Mid C19 Cardiff and Haverfordwest, the Marychurch family.

Offline alpinecottage

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Monday 06 January 20 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year, Ruskie!

If you click on Tom's link, you can either create an account or you can click on the blue phrase which says "or visit Nathaniel Bryceson".  It takes you to Tom's most promising blog.  Only got to keep it going for 360 more days, Tom!
Perrins - Manchester and Staffs
Honan - Manchester and Ireland
Hogg - Manchester 19 cent
Anderson - Newcastle mid 19 cent
Boullen - London then Carlisle then Manchester
Comer - Manchester and Galway

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Monday 06 January 20 22:19 GMT (UK) »
When I followed the link to the Wordpress page I found a link to Tom's blog there.  It's in quite small print, not obvious, but through it I could read the blog without signing up to anything.  It's well worth it, very interesting, congratulations Tom.

Drosybont

Thanks for that. I will have a closer look.  :)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Monday 06 January 20 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year, Ruskie!

If you click on Tom's link, you can either create an account or you can click on the blue phrase which says "or visit Nathaniel Bryceson".  It takes you to Tom's most promising blog.  Only got to keep it going for 360 more days, Tom!

Happy New Year to you too alpinecottage.  :)

Thanks for the instructions to find Tom’s blog.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Monday 06 January 20 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Just catching up with your blog Tom. I am enjoying it, especially the additional information, pictures and other interesting snippets.  :)

If you have read even one or two of our mega threads you will see how obsessed some of us were with your ancestor back in 2010. I think we did fairly well to fill in some of the background of Nathaniel’s family and his life and times, but I see that you are taking this further. There are still some frustrating mysteries which we have been unable to solve, so I am hoping that you can help with those.  :)

I’m sure I will have many questions for you as your blog progresses, but firstly can I ask:
When did you first become aware of Nathaniel’s diary?
Do you write the blog daily, or have you prepared some (or all) of it ahead of time?

Offline Tom Bryceson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, time for a confession! This is Steven here (Nathaniel's 3x great grandson). I have used some creative licence to create the character of Tom and as part of a creative writing project which I hope will lead to a book. I've been wanting to do this for sometime but have only just finished a history PhD after 8 years and haven't had the capacity. I have all sorts of ideas of what to do with the book and hope it will develop as the year progresses and I really immerse myself in the diary. I am so grateful to all the info on this forum. I am going to plug the forum in my next post and will give lots of credit to you throughout the year and, hopefully, in a book. Please keep sharing ideas and information as the year progresses. Peace to all, "Tom".

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday 08 January 20 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Oh Steven!!! You kidder!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Nothing wrong with a nom de plume between friends I suppose.

I'm glad you told us though - saves us going over old ground and (I already feel foolish for my previous post).  ;D

Keep in mind that we can supply you with a fair amount of information if you need it (plus I have one or two certificates). I have compiled a list of coffee houses for example, though that was just for my own amusement rather than being useful for anything or anyone.

I also admit to being a bit vague on some of the details after all this time, so will need to recap, though I did revisit a few diary entries last year and even tried to amend the Wikipedia article which I think contained an error or two. (sorry if you wrote that) :-[

Congratulations on gaining your PhD! Keep us informed on your progress - blog, book - everything ... don't be a stranger! :)

Offline Tom Bryceson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday 08 January 20 01:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ruskie. This is going to be fun.