Author Topic: McCabe / Hayes family Carlow  (Read 16949 times)

Offline wiilams83

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McCabe / Hayes family Carlow
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 31 May 14 13:40 BST (UK) »
How do I find more information about Hannah McCabe  and William Hayes as written upon Margaret Hayes birth record (new Ross - ballyine) 

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 June 14 12:56 BST (UK) »

Thank you Kim,
   This info is wonderful, sorry I havent responded sooner,I've had a busy weekend.I will have to go through all my family history on McCabes to try and work out who of these listed may be my long lost family members. John & Ellen's family is incomplete I do have a full listing of their names & years of birth and it states they were all born St John's Kilkenny.The family all migrated but at different times.They all came to Australia,so we have all info on the family after this.Thank you once again .
                 Chinka

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 14:01 BST (UK) »

Hi Kim ,
   Can you tell me where Roe is ? The address of John & Ellen McCabe on wedding cert.
                                                                                                                Thanks Chinka

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Chinka,to be honest that one has me stumped. I looked for it all over but could not find anything relating to county Carlow. I even looked under ruadh,which is Irish for red/roe. It must be a name within a townland but I cannot for the life of me find it. I will keep looking. In meantime there are several who know Carlow inside and out. Maybe one of them would know. Sorry couldn't help on this one,Kim

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 20:38 BST (UK) »
Looking through the townlands of Co Carlow, there is a place called Ballywilliamroe.  Its in the Civil Parish of Dunleckny.  Could that have been shortened to Roe?

http://www.thecore.com/seanruad/     Link for townlands

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 22:42 BST (UK) »

Thanks for your help Conahy & Kim,

I have looked at Ballywilliamroe. I found Mary,Patrick & Thomas Butler living in Dunleckney in Griffiths.These are the names of John & Ellen (nee Butler) McCabes children.These names are in McCabe families down generations ,my grandfathers had brothers named Patrick & Thomas and a sister Mary. So there is a chance this is right,as it doesnt appear to be toofar from Old Leighlin.
                                                                                                                   Chinka

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi, what kind of info is it that you are looking for? Kim

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 12:37 BST (UK) »
Wiilams83,for Hannah McCabe the best thing to do is get her birth cert from groni.ie and start there. As to William Hayes you can look on the website irishgenealogy.ie which has some info about the Hayes family. Kim

Offline HardieS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 30 January 15 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chinka.

I have noticed that you are extremely well informed about the History of the McCabe family. My great Grandfather was William J McCabe (1866-1950) his parents were James McCabe and Bridgit Berrigan (im sure you already know all the connections). We have pieces of information about the founding members of the family but you seem to have a very detailed breakdown of everything. Is there somewhere I can view what information you have or can I contact you directly? This is my first visit to this site, is there a way of sending private message? my email is (*) I have only recently started working on our family tree on behalf of my Mother Margaret (daughter of Eileen Mcabe who was a daughter of William J McCabe). I wish I actually new all this earlier as I lived in County Offaly, Ireland for 10 years (I married n Irish girl) and I could have researched it whilst I was there.

If you have the time I would really love to hear from you. 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php