Author Topic: Noble families x Broadsea, Fraserburgh  (Read 41017 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Noble families x Broadsea, Fraserburgh
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 31 March 11 22:40 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat albagal

thanks for putting this infor in for the Noble Family

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Palies Ruth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 12 October 12 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi i also am related to the Broadsea Nobles my Great grandmother Eliza Ann was born in 10 Broadsea about 1852 to William Noble and Jessie Masson. William was born on 8/7/1828 the witnesses were Andrew and Anne Noble both in Broadsea i have done a bit of research on this family up to the present day. It would be interesting to know anyone researching this line.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 12 October 12 22:56 BST (UK) »
I have Andrew Noble, born about 1854 in Fraserburgh, son of John Noble and Jane Gilbert. He married Susan Nicoll in Portsoy in 1891. They had a daughter Susan Anna, born 1894, and a son Charles Leslie, born 1896, both in Fraserburgh. In 1901 they were in Plaistow near London. I have no idea what became of them after that.

Susan was Andrew's second wife. His first wife was Jessie Sim (1857-1889), daughter of John Sim and Christian Tait. They were married on 25 September 1873 and had at least six children: John, Andrew, Christian, George Adie (1882), David Sim (1884) and Jessie Victoria (1887).
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 22 November 12 13:50 GMT (UK) »
If anybody is interested in Stray Nobles, or Noble Strays - i.e. Nobles who married and moved away from Fraserburgh/Broadsea, I can offer you Isabella Noble who married William Corstorphine from my home town of Cellardyke in Fife. They were married in 1889 at 44 Mid Street, Fraserburgh, but Isabella's home address was 61 Broadsea, and her parents were Alexander Noble, fisherman, and Elizabeth Crawford.

In the 1891 census of Cellardyke, Isabella's younger sister Mary Noble, aged 15, is living with her and William as a domestic servant.

Isabella Corstorphine/Noble died in 1936 in Kilbirnie, Ayrshire, aged 69.

Harry

Offline Statira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have just recently come across the Nobles of Broadsea in my family. Does anyone know of
James 'Gunner' Noble b.27 Sept 1768, his son Alexander 'Lengies Gunner' Noble b.1794 and his son Alexander Noble b. 1829?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Offline alastair

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 08:29 BST (UK) »
Maureen
Re: reference in your post to "Wilson Noble"

I find in the 1841 census the following return and the return of another Wilson Noble and wonder if there might be a connection.......

1841 Census             
Piece: SCT1841/196 Place: Fraserburgh -Aberdeenshire Enumeration District: 4
Civil Parish: Fraserburgh Ecclesiastical Parish, Village or Island: -
Folio: 4 Page: 6
Address: Broadsea
Surname First name(s)   Sex   Age   Occupation   Where Born 
NOBLE   Margaret        F   38   Fisherman's Wife  Aberdeenshire       
NOBLE   Andrew         M   15   Fisherman            Aberdeenshire       
NOBLE   Alexander      M   13   Fisherman            Aberdeenshire       
NOBLE   Isabella         F   10                              Aberdeenshire       
NOBLE   Wilson           M    8                               Aberdeenshire       
NOBLE   Elisabeth        F    6                               Aberdeenshire       
NOBLE   Joseph           M    4                               Aberdeenshire       
NOBLE   William          M    2                               Aberdeenshire     

My main interest is in Andrew, aged 15 and to determine if his mother Margaret is Margaret Buchan, wife of John Noble.  John and Margaret married in Fraserburgh 6 Oct 1822.
Margaret is described as a "Fishermans Wife" which suggests her husband is alive and away from home on the night of the census (otherwise she would be described as a "Widow" )

Regards
Alastair Watt

Offline Carol Forman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 31 March 18 21:59 BST (UK) »
Blimey - Thats it !!!

speaking to my dad John Noble

David and Muggsie had four children.  This I didnt know.

Julie Noble
David Noble
William Noble
Andrew Noble (My grandfather)

I know my great grand mother had a shop.

Can anyone tell me anymore about the family?

I think Julie Noble went to America - Detroit- and Married and became Mrs Henry

As for the others I do not know.

When I was in Fraserburgh everyone remembered Muggsie Dunn they said to me know your kin.

But I dont know much more than that.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Alexandra

Hi please bare with me just came across this site and not quite sure how to go about things
I am Carol Ann Forman (nee  Noble ) was born in Broadsea Fraserburgh to Helen (Nell) and David Noble my fathers parents were Betsy and Isaac Noble ( fisherman) his folk stayed as I recall in Rosehearty along the coast.
 Betsy was born in Broadsea  her father was nicknamed ( Porter Bob ) As a child I went to visit Maggsy Dinn  with my Granny in her home beside her shop. I also fondly remember "Skippers Anrda " who was I think a cousin of my fathers,  Andrew Noble and his sister Mima who stayed across from Baccoci,s icecream shop in College Bounds He was a draughtsman in the Toolworks I was told he designed a tool for surgeons for brain operations
 Andra had lived in King Edward St Fraserburgh with his wife and family am sure one of his daughters went to America and married a lawyer and the other to  Africa
As my granny and Dyde were both Nobles I,m nae quite sure who's side Maggsy was on but am sure Skippers Andra was my fathers side

Offline Mike Smylie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 28 February 19 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find the year that Alexander Noble, boatbuilder of Fraserburgh, passed his business over to Wilson Noble who continued working until 1959....Maureen....your grandfather was Wilson...??

Offline Liesa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 01 November 21 10:22 GMT (UK) »
I am a descendant of Andrew Noble and Margaret Masson. They had Isaac Noble (1835) and he had Margaret Noble who married Albert Roney. They had Phyllis Roney, who had my grandmother, Phillis Benson, in 1915. Isaac came to Australia and was a fisherman in Robe and he and Margaret are buried there .