Author Topic: Henry Shepherd and Mary Ann Walker  (Read 10554 times)

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Shepherd and Mary Ann Walker
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Burto,

I've had a look at the marriage of Samuel Shephard and Mary Hethersay at Lenton on 28 March 1815 does give much says both of parish marriage by banns with consent of parents witnesses were John Quinton and Samuel Brownlow.

Also marriage details of Samuel Shepherd and Mary Roberts Lenton 3 Jan 1826 both of parish by Banns witnesses were Thomas Brownlow and William Harvey.

Sorry not much help, let me know if you would like me to look for anything else.

All the best

Wendy
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline Burto

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Loving the new flag!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy,
That's great thank you so much for looking. I wonder if both Samuel's are the same person? Just thinking about both witnesses being Brownlow's?
Swift , Matthews, Price , Clarke , Rockley, Dewey, Turton, Wild, Nottingham
Aldread, Brentnall, Cowlishaw Derbyshire
Elliot, The Borders/Nottingham FWK industry
Hartopp, NW Leicester (Barkby and surrounds).
Smith Bilston Staffordshire
Bennett, Calary? Ireland
Johnson, Staffordshire/Warwickshire
Latham, Lewis, Trevor, Vero, Armstrong, Barnett

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Burto,

I wondered that too the second one does't say if he was a wodower and both Samuel's signed and the signature does't look the same but I can get copies for you to have a look and see what you think I don't know if I'll be going to archives again this week and am going away next week so will be after that.

Wendy
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;

Offline Burto

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Loving the new flag!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 04 September 14 21:03 BST (UK) »
I now have Henry and Mary Ann's marriage certificate and can confirm that Henry's father was called Samuel and was a Warper and Henry's sister Catherine was a witness.
Mary Ann's father was called Joseph and was a laborer. Looking on the 1841 census he was married to Mary and they were both born around 1801 - ref HO107/ 858/ 6/ 57; Page: 24; in Lenton, Notts
It seems that Joseph died between 1841 and 1851 and Mary was born in Wollaton according to the 1851 census.
Can anyone verify I have found the right Joseph Walker and help me find Joseph and Mary's marriage please?
Swift , Matthews, Price , Clarke , Rockley, Dewey, Turton, Wild, Nottingham
Aldread, Brentnall, Cowlishaw Derbyshire
Elliot, The Borders/Nottingham FWK industry
Hartopp, NW Leicester (Barkby and surrounds).
Smith Bilston Staffordshire
Bennett, Calary? Ireland
Johnson, Staffordshire/Warwickshire
Latham, Lewis, Trevor, Vero, Armstrong, Barnett

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 05 September 14 08:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Bunto,

Sorry I haven't yet been able to go to the archives to get copies og the marriages I promised you have had a lot of problems lately and now my daughter has had her baby so been busy. Hope to get to the archives soon and will get those marriages for you.

On my disc I found a joseph Walker burial in Lenton on 22 Aug 1849 aged 50yrs says abode was New Lenton. Also a marriage of Joseph Walker & Mary Bunting at St Leanords Church Wollaton on 5 Dec 1831.

Wendy