Author Topic: Assheton of Croston  (Read 15363 times)

Offline Sir Ashton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Assheton of Croston
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 31 July 16 04:50 BST (UK) »
My post will show how it all works ,

Thomas de Ashton and Cecily his wife in 1305 made a feoffment of a messuage and land in Ashton; Final Conc. i, 206;De Banc. R. 162, m. 200 d.
A settlement of the manor was made in 1307, Thomas de Ashton granting it to John son of Thomas de Ashton, a minor,
1 month ago  Edit  Delete

rumple_stilt_skin2  Master William de Asshton, John de Asshton, and John de Wolleton, chaplain, plaintiffs, and Robert de Standissh,knight, and Isolda, his wife, deforciants of a fourth part of the manor of Dounelithirlond [Down Litherland].

rumple_stilt_skin2  Alice, the daughter and heiress of William Lee, married Thomas Ashton

rumple_stilt_skin2  land in Down Litherland Molyneux, Earl of Sefton , Richard de Eves of Thornton gave to Henry Boys the 6 acres called Pepperfield, (fn. 93) and about fourteen years afterwards Richard de Eves and Maud his wife sold it to Nicholas Blundell of Little Crosby,
6 minutes ago  Edit  Delete

rumple_stilt_skin2  Emma ! de winwick ? Hnnm  , Townships: Sefton

taken from Ancestry.com.au  my comments page on my,16th great-grandfather Sir John de Assheton of Wolfall in Huyton

In brass, on a marble: "Hic jacet Thomas de Ashton, armiger Henrici regis, quondam dominus de Crofton; qui obit decimo septimo die mensis Octobris, anno Domini mccccvii. Cujus anime propitietur Deus, amen".

Sir Thomas de Ashton dominus de Croston and Mawdesley
–1407
BIRTH Lancashire, England
DEATH 17 OCT 1407 • Lancashire, England
15th great-grandfather

* The Assheton inquisition *
       mors non est finis

Offline Sir Ashton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 06 August 16 05:00 BST (UK) »
is also seen , william brother of  Sir John de ashton,

Between Master Richard de Wynewyke, parson of the church of Walton, and Master William de Assheton, clerk, (fn. 24) plaintiffs, and Richard, son of Robert de Ines, deforciant of the manors of Hasphull [Aspull] and Ines near Wygan, and of 12 messuages, 4 tofts, 16 acres of land, 3 acres of meadow, and15s. of rent in Weryngton, Wygan, Haydok, Goldeburn, and Assheton, near Wygan.
Richard, son of Robert, acknowledged the said manors, tenements, and rent to be the right of the said Master Richard, where of the said Masters had the said manors of the gift of the said Richard, son of Robert, except 122 acres and the third part of 4 acres of land, 4 acres and 1 rood of meadow, 2 acres of pasture, and 4li. 18s. 10d. of rent in the said manors, and he granted to them the said rent, and the said rent of 15s., together with the homages and services of John, son of Robert de Holand, knight, John de Haydok, Thomas Gerard, Henry, son of Thomas de Ines, William, son of William de Mikulfen, Jordan del Twys and Matilda, his wife, John del Childres, Gilbert, son of William de Ines, John Hobbesone, William Hythel, John Le White, Hugh de Ines, Mabel Brant, Hugh del Crosse, Thurstan de Byrom, Henry de Walton, John Gidlowe, Richard de Assheton, Roger Broun, Robert de Hyndeley, Henry de Ballesden, Hyon de Bradeshagh, Hugh de Swynley, Matthew de Marclan, Emma, late the wife of John de Assheton, Richard [Workesley ?], Bailiff of Chastershire, and Ellen, his wife, and Margery, late the wife of Richard Annot, and of their heirs for the tenements which they formerly held of the said Robert, son of Robert, in the said manors and towns, to have and to hold to the said Master Richard and Master William and to the heirs of Master Richard for ever. Moreover the said Richard, son of Robert, granted for him self and his heirs that 9 messuages and 2 tofts in Wygan which Thomas de Ines held for term of life,1 messuage which Hugh Le Fissher held in the said town for term of life, 2 messuages, 2 tofts, 16 acres of land, and 6 acres of meadow in Weryngton which Hugh de Ines held forterm of life, 100 acres of land and 4 acres of meadow of the tenements above excepted which William de Wyn . . . and Agnes, his wife, held for the term of the life of the said Agnes, 10 acres of land of the tenements above excepted which Yarward del Forde held forterm of life, 12 acres of land, 1 rood of meadow, and 2. . . of pasture of the tenements above excepted which Adam de Ryseley and Agnes, his wife, held for the term of the life of the said Agnes, and that the said third part above excepted which John de Pemberton and Joan, his wife, held for the term of Joan's life, of the inheritance of the said Richard, son of Robert, and which after the decease of the said Thomas de Ines, Hugh Le Fissher, Hugh de Ines, Agnes, Yarward, Agnes, and Joan ought to revert to the said Richard, son of Robert, should remain to the said Master Richard and Master William and to the heirs of Master Richard, for which Master Richard and Master William gave him 200 marks.
42 (m. 35). At Lancaster, on Saturday next after the Assumption, 7 Regality of John, Duke of Lancaster [22ndAugust, 1383].
From: 'Lancashire Fines: John, Duke of Lancaster (1377-83)', Final Concords for Lancashire, Part 3: 1377-1509 (1905), pp. 1-19. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=52562  Date accessed: 24 June 2014.
HENRY VI., 1422-3.
Sir William de Stanley, chivaler, John Blundell, of Crosseby,
Sir John Stanley, kt., Sir Richard Molyneux, chivaler, William
del Hethe, chaplain, Thomas Walker, chaplain, Richard de Pil-
kyngton, Richard de Chadirton, the prior of Burscogh, Henry de
Byrum, John Gerard, of Ines, Hugh de Tildesley, Robert Unton,
Richard de Dalton, Richard de Radeclif, of Dounum, Richard de
Bradley, Alured Radclif, Thomas Gylowe, Sir William Lovell,
chivaler, Richard Botiller, of Kirkland, William Abraham, vicar
of the church of Croston, Juliana Fletewod, and William, son
of Robert de Barlawe.
3 HENRY VI., 1424-5.
William Esslak, executor of the will of Richard Esslak, of
Lancaster, Henry de Preston and Joan, his wife, Thomas de
Sotheworth, William de Chysnall, Catharine, widow of John,
son of Richard Caterall, executrix of the will of the said Richard,
Roger de Venables, parson of the church of Routhestorn, Ranulph
de Coton, Christopher de Tyldesley and Joan, his wife, Sir William
de Haryngton, kt., Sir Richard Molyneux, kt., Ellen, widow of
James de Haryngton, kt., Nicholas de Haryngton, Richard de
Shirburn, and Thomas de Urswyk, Edward de Chernok, Hugh
de Bradshagh, John de Bradshagh, John de Sotheworth, Catharine
Baxter, Edmund Frere, Sir Richard Molyneux, kt., William, son
of Roger de Assheton, Christopher de Preston, John le Fletcher,
chaplain, John de Assheton and Emma, his wife, Thomas, son
and heir of William Norreys, Simon Gybunsone and his son
Richard, John Gerard, of Ines, and Ellen, his wife, the Abbot of
Cokersand, Laurence Gilybrond, Hugh Gilybrond, Thurstan de
http://www.archive.org/stream/p3finalconcords00lacauoft/p3finalconcords00lacauoft_djvu.txt

please keep in mind that the King had all record changed,start at 

le Gross. Ferrers and langton seem to get it aswell

Witch Burnings at Pendle Hill see biship Bridgeman,
a lot of cuzons found their death.

mors non est finis

Offline Sir Ashton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 06 August 16 05:11 BST (UK) »
Emma de Winwick of Thornton , Her Sister Alice de Winwick of Thornton was joind with Alan de Singleton lord of Singleton

Lancaster, Ashton Hall was originally the estate of Roger of Poitou of the Barony of Lancashire, who acquired a great number of lands following the Norman conquest of England. Sometime after this, it became the ancestral home of the De Coucy family, and the surviving portion of the hall was built by Edmund Lawrence in the 14th Century.  His contribution to Ashton Hall is tower house, which was constructed with red sandstone that was quarried locally with a slate roof.  One of the interesting features is that, instead of perpendicular towers, Ashton Hall’s towers on the older part of the building are set diagonally.  Another interesting feature to survive are the crenellated parapets.

When the De Coucy family line ran out, it passed in the female line to John De Coupland.  Also known as John Copeland, his claim to fame was capturing King David II of Scotland at the Battle of Nevill’s Cross in 1436.  The hall passed several more times after this.  It went first to the Lawrence family, the descendents of Edmund, but was lost sometime after a Lawrence killed a favourite of King Henry VII in a duel had had to flee. From there, it passed to the Butlers of Radcliffe and to the Gerards of Bromley.  During this time, Ashton Hall played host to two kings, first to King James I and, thirty-four years later, to his grandson, King Charles II.

mors non est finis

Offline Sir Ashton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 15:29 BST (UK) »
My post will show how it all works ,

Thomas de Ashton and Cecily his wife in 1305 made a feoffment of a messuage and land in Ashton; Final Conc. i, 206;De Banc. R. 162, m. 200 d.
A settlement of the manor was made in 1307, Thomas de Ashton granting it to John son of Thomas de Ashton, a minor,

rumple_stilt_skin2  Master William de Asshton, John de Asshton, and John de Wolleton, chaplain, plaintiffs, and Robert de Standissh,knight, and Isolda, his wife, deforciants of a fourth part of the manor of Dounelithirlond [Down Litherland].

rumple_stilt_skin2  Alice, the daughter and heiress of William Lee, married Thomas Ashton

rumple_stilt_skin2  land in Down Litherland Molyneux, Earl of Sefton , Richard de Eves of Thornton gave to Henry Boys the 6 acres called Pepperfield, (fn. 93) and about fourteen years afterwards Richard de Eves and Maud his wife sold it to Nicholas Blundell of Little Crosby,
6 minutes ago  Edit  Delete

rumple_stilt_skin2  Emma ! de winwick ? Hnnm  , Townships: Sefton

taken from Ancestry.com.au  my comments page on my,16th great-grandfather Sir John de Assheton of Wolfall in Huyton

In brass, on a marble: "Hic jacet Thomas de Ashton, armiger Henrici regis, quondam dominus de Crofton; qui obit decimo septimo die mensis Octobris, anno Domini mccccvii. Cujus anime propitietur Deus, amen".

Sir Thomas de Ashton dominus de Croston and Mawdesley
–1407
BIRTH Lancashire, England
DEATH 17 OCT 1407 • Lancashire, England
15th great-grandfather

mors non est finis

in the 12th century. Between 1189 and 1194 Henry, son of Warin de Lea was granted Raven Meols near Formby and shortly afterwards he presented a portion of the estate to Cockersand Abbey.
The Lea or Lee family who were known as Lords of Raven Meols also became interested in Litherland when Henry de Lea acquired a fourth part of the manor. In 1280, Sir Henry de Lea granted land to Richard de Litherland and Henry son of Henry de Lea is mentioned in connection with land named Pikemanscroft. In 1305 he claimed lands from Richard de Ince and as a result of land deals, litigation followed, for in 1350 William son of Sir William de Lea brought an action against Richard Molyneaux of Sefton concerning lands in Litherland. He was evidently successful, for in 1372 William and his wife Isola still held a fourth part of the manor.
In 1307, Henry de Lea, a son of Henry, clerk of Litherland, was Rector of Halsall, an appointment he was holding in 1333, when he witnessed a Charter relating to Litherland.
In the 15th century, William de Lee owned a portion of the Manor of Formby where his ancestors William and Nicholas his son, had formerly owned 3 oxgangs. The family also spread to Orrell, Croston and Maghull, where Richard de Lee and his uncle Robert de Lee are mentioned in 1472. A hundred years later a descendant, another Richard, purchased land in Much Hoole from the Bold family. Yet another branch of the family lived at Rainhill, where in 1320, Roger, a son of William de Lee granted to William his son, his rights in lands there. These were passed on through John to Henry Lee and his son Richard who in 1424 sold his Rainhill lands to Henry Blundell of Little Crosby

mors non est finis

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 15:43 BST (UK) »
I've tried to stop this topic coming up on "New Replies", as I'm really not interested in it, but it seems to re-appear. Other topics have "stopped" quite easily - what could I be doing wrong here? ( Sorry, "Sir" Ashton, nothing personal....)
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Sir Ashton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 16:28 BST (UK) »
I've tried to stop this topic coming up on "New Replies", as I'm really not interested in it, but it seems to re-appear. Other topics have "stopped" quite easily - what could I be doing wrong here? ( Sorry, "Sir" Ashton, nothing personal....)

other people may find it useful ,you need not reply ,  ignore or block
thanx, nothing personal

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 16:34 BST (UK) »
That's what I was trying to do, so that I didn't get reminded each time you posted some more of your research, but I couldn't seem to manage it - as I said, it's fascinating, but not one of my areas of interest, so I wanted to avoid being reminded each time.
That would not stop others from finding your posts fascinating, I was merely trying to tidy up my reminders - and this thread wouldn't go away!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Sir Ashton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 16:42 BST (UK) »
That's what I was trying to do, so that I didn't get reminded each time you posted some more of your research, but I couldn't seem to manage it - as I said, it's fascinating, but not one of my areas of interest, so I wanted to avoid being reminded each time.
That would not stop others from finding your posts fascinating, I was merely trying to tidy up my reminders - and this thread wouldn't go away!

you may need the site manager
srry for any inconvenience

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 17:07 BST (UK) »
Okay, I've just had another bash at "removing you" - hope it didn't hurt! Good luck with your further researches, your Lordship!