Author Topic: Grocery in Penrhyn Bay, Llandudno  (Read 867 times)

Offline STSO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Grocery in Penrhyn Bay, Llandudno
« on: Wednesday 11 June 14 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm really hoping someone might be able to help me!

I’m currently trying to help a friend track down a family she used to know from her childhood in Penrhyn Bay. She doesn’t remember many facts apart from the fact that they owned/used to run a grocery on what is now the main roundabout in Penrhyn Bay, (in the late 1950s/1960s and perhaps into the 1970s).

I was hoping that someone might be able to give me information about the family or the grocery. From chatting to people from the area I believe that the grocery may have been called ‘Little Orme Stores’ at one point.

Some of the names that have cropped up in relation to the grocery have been Dougie Thomas, Ben Hughes and Ralph Jones. Absolutely any more info about those people or other families who may have owned the grocery during that time would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Selina

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Grocery in Penrhyn Bay, Llandudno
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Selina,

I would suggest you post this question on the Three Towns Forum which covers the areas from Llandudno to Conwy and Colwyn Bay (Penrhyn Bay being in between). There is a section "Ask A Local" and you would be amazed by what some people know on there.

Good Luck,

Ellen

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Grocery in Penrhyn Bay, Llandudno
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 June 14 12:21 BST (UK) »
This has also been posted on the Caernarvonshire Board where there are two replies.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=689572.0

It is appropriate to Caernarvonshire as Penrhyn Bay was in that county.

Jo.