Author Topic: William Livingstone, Gympie Queensland  (Read 1137 times)

Offline pobriensydney

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Livingstone, Gympie Queensland
« on: Wednesday 18 June 14 03:02 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

I found a thread in this forum but can't seem to reply so I will tell my story here. I would like to get in touch with forum member    tommacgregor whose information I have read is directly linked to my Livingstone family who arrived in Queensland.

William Livingstone is my great-great grandfather and arrived in Brisbane, Gympie Queensland in 1886 with his wife Cecelia Livingstone nee Robertson. I understand they had a few children already on arrival, namely:

Celia (born on ship)
James, (4yo)
Janet. (1yo)

They had more children when in Australia:
Alexander (born 1888)
David (b 1890)
Mabel (b 1892)
Samuel (b 1891)
William (b 1894)

David was my great grandfather. He later moved to Newtown in Sydney, New South Wales. There he married Florence Hansen, and they had 2 children;
Gladys Doreen Livingstone
David Alexander Livingstone

Gladys was my grandmother and I am trying to track down her ancestry. It appears that user tommacgregor on this forum has a lot of information. If others can assist this would be much appreciated.

Regards
Phillip O'Brien

Offline tommacgregor1936

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Livingstone, Gympie Queensland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 09:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, just to let you know that I am back as a member as tommacgregor1936. Happy to chat further regarding further developments. Regards tommacgregor1936 formerly tommacgregor

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Livingstone, Gympie Queensland
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 12:54 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Phillip.

Do you have William and Cecelia's death certificates? Did they die in Queensland?

If you haven't already done so, it might be worth looking at them as they should/will/may give both of their parent's names (if known by the informant). This is the best way for you to confirm their parentage and take you back a generation.

DC's may also give the birth place of the deceased and with that information you can look for them in the UK. Their UK marriage certificate will name at least bride and groom's fathers (both parents if they married in Scotland) -  thus confirming you are following the correct families.

It is advisable to purchase certificates along the way to ensure accuracy.

Good luck.