Author Topic: Bondarczuk or Bondar family  (Read 2334 times)

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bondarczuk or Bondar family
« on: Monday 23 June 14 07:47 BST (UK) »
Hi not sure if this i the right board, Where can i found out if the Bondarczuk family has a family crest. The family came from Poland in world war 11 and the name was changed in 1949 to Bondar Thank you sandy

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bondarczuk or Bondar family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 June 14 20:53 BST (UK) »
Continental heraldry is quite different to that of these islands.  And it seems that Polish heraldry is quite unique.

Have a look at this link:

http://www.polishroots.org/Research/Heraldry/tabid/63/Default.aspx

There might be something useful there, although some of the links appear to be broken.  A knowledge of Polish might be in order though  :-\

The wikipedia article is also quite instructive.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
Re: Bondarczuk or Bondar family
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 July 14 13:46 BST (UK) »
However you still need to be aware that coats of arms belong to individuals and their direct descendants.  Having a particular surname does not entitle any individual to use a coat of arms.  How far the entitlement spreads within a family varies from country to country.  They are often wrongly referred to as crests, which is mainly an American habit.  The crest sits on the helmet within a coat of arms but is sometimes used on cutlery and other items where there is not room for the full coat of arms.
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk