Author Topic: Emailing photos  (Read 412 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Emailing photos
« on: Wednesday 25 June 14 11:38 BST (UK) »
Windows 8

I use Microsoft picture manager to view my photos.
When I open a photo and then click send to –mail recipient I get a panel about email settings and create message.
Then Outlook 2007 Startup Wizard appears.  I don`t use this, it`s not set up an my PC  and it takes ages to close down.
Now  , if I just  choose the same pic as the thumbnail view , right click,   there is a “send to “ option ,  mail recipient and I can choose file size and attach. This starts up Microsoft live mail which I use.
My question is, why can`t I view the large image   and send it with Live Mail. It`s a pain trying to find the right one  when the thunbnails are so small.
Any ideas, would a different Photo viewer work, I`m quite happy with Microsoft one as I`ve always used it.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emailing photos
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 11:44 BST (UK) »
Let me state from the start - I don't use Windows 8, neither do I use Live Mail!
(I have an aversion to "Gatesware"!! ;D)

Whu not open your Live Mail; compose an email; add attachment; and THEN select the photo you want to send?

That's the way I do things! ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Emailing photos
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 12:28 BST (UK) »
Yes - I can do that, but I only have the thumbnail view, so I have open the photo on the picture viewer, to make sure I have the right one, then close it down again and select it.

A few minutes later -
AHA !!!!!!!!!  I now found the option for viewing the images, I had it on medium , and have now set it to extra large.
That's solved one problem
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)