Author Topic: Translation of Russian/Polish Birth Certificate help  (Read 653 times)

Offline markdrogers99

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Translation of Russian/Polish Birth Certificate help
« on: Saturday 28 June 14 16:04 BST (UK) »
I was hoping someone might be able to assist with translating the attached Polish birth certificate. I understand the certificate is in Russian though the peoples names are in Polish.

Thank you for your help.
WHITFIELD / DUFFY / PENGELLY / MOSES / OSIAL

Offline Alex017

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Translation of Russian/Polish Birth Certificate help
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 November 18 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Guta/Huta (village name)   #29
That happened in (Skint???) on the 13th (25th) of February 1886 on 11 am. Here came Ян Кончальский /Jan Konczalski/ a peasant that lives in Guta, 25 years old, in the presence of Викентий Кончальский ( Wicent/Wicenty/Wincent/Wincenty – all variants are possible in Polish) Konczalski, 50 years old, and Войцех Оржеховский (Wojcech Orzechowski), 45 years old, both are peasants from Guta; and brought a female baby saying that she was born yesterday on 10 pm by his wife Эмилия (урожденная=nee) Потковская / Emilia nee Potkowski (Lotkowski?), 18 years old. The baby was baptized by Cath. priest Smiekowski (Смековский) and named Казимира (Kazimiera). Her godparents were Wicenty Konczalski and (Osipa???) Potkowski (Lotkowski?) (a woman). As the baby’s father and the winesses told they are illiterate, I have read this paper to them and signed it. The administrator of (Sk….???) parish, the keeper of civil records. Priest Smiekowski. 

The names Викентий Кончальский,  Войцех Оржеховский, Эмилия Потковская, Смековский
 in the text are in Genitive but I wrote them in Nominative.