Author Topic: Brushfield  (Read 3290 times)

Offline yoki

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brushfield
« Reply #18 on: Monday 30 June 14 12:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you to those people who have responded to my Brushfield post. Unfortunately I already have most of that information and sadly none relates to Peter Nadauld Brushfield.
His wife, Sarah Hyde accompanied him in 1832 and they had a son in July 1833, who was taken back to England by his mother to be baptised Peter William Milton Brushfield. Mother and son stayed in England for the 1841 census and then returned to America.
There is an entry in the 1850 census in Calhoun Michigan which may be for Peter snr but I have not been able to prove that source and I have not been able to find any reference to Sarah and young Peter. Peter W.M. left America to settle in Australia in 1854 where he was and what he was doing before that I have found no records.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 30 June 14 12:42 BST (UK) »
It is always advisable to give full details of what you already know when making an enquiry, it saves wasting peoples time.  We sometimes have to look at the bigger picture when information is not instantly available to find other ways forward and this is what the people here have been trying to do.

Good luck with your research.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Jeanbr

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Peter Brushfield died in Madison,  Indiana  in 1833 of yellow fever before his son was born.

The Brushfield family in England have 2 letters from his son, Peter William (born posthumously in the USA in 1833), written from Australia in 1905/6 to an English cousin, detailing his adventures in the USA and around the world in 1848 to 1853.  He travelled to Australia on the Schooner Lannen in 1853 to 1854 - a very eventful journey.  His descendants live in Australia to this day.