Author Topic: Help with William BROWN Convict  (Read 13669 times)

Offline purplediva62

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with William BROWN Convict
« Reply #99 on: Saturday 29 August 15 05:10 BST (UK) »
Hi all

So hoping that someone is still monitoring this topic. Very excited to be directed to this discussion by a fellow researcher! Akira, I had an email exchange with you ages ago about William BROWN and Matilda WATSON. It has been amazing reading through all 11 pages of post, I have been nodding my head and saying, "yes, that's what I found too!".

I have been searching for confirmation of Matilda's parents and had convinced myself that the Bounty Immigrants on the "Susan" were "it" but had to caution myself against making too many assumptions and making things "fit" when perhaps they didn't.

I have also been chasing the McEldownie connection and also the Rev John Watson story. I have obtained some interesting info from the Irish Presbyterian Church of Scotland about him which I am very happy to share. At the moment, I am away from home and don't have access to my research. I'll keep an eye on this discussion and if anyone is still "out there".

Cheers, Lisa Faulkner (descended from Mary Jane Sherar née Brown - William and Matilda's daughter)