Author Topic: BAILEY Rosanna and Anne  (Read 956 times)

Offline wentworth13

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BAILEY Rosanna and Anne
« on: Thursday 03 July 14 07:11 BST (UK) »
Need help finding what happened to the two sisters.
Rosanna was baptised on 16/4/1809 at Manningford Abbots
Anne      was baptised on 4/8/1811  at Manningford Abbots.
Their parents were Thomas and Maria Bailey.
They were two of nine children born to Thomas and Maria.
I have been able to find all of the other children and what happened to them.
I would be grateful for any help :D

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BAILEY Rosanna and Anne
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 July 14 08:34 BST (UK) »
hi there.....

the genuki link>http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/WIL/ManningfordAbbots/

is suggesting that a transcript is available thru the Wiltshire Family History Society............>   
and I am now curious myself  as to that......
I would also try variant Baily as well as surrounding places.... just in case but coverage in fso is ....well I need not comment on that....having just looked

http://www.wshc.eu/104-parish-register-list-k-z#M   which states transcripted area covered maybe >
[to quote]
1592 - 1982 for christenings................

however , >http://www.wiltshirefhs.co.uk/index.php/registers

suggests Manningford Abbis is on "CMB17"    so u may wish to purchase that disc of the pdfs......

best I can offer.....
 :)

postem>>>      they charge 5 quid if u want singular entry research...... uuummmm

POSTUM 2

The Manningford Abbots transcripts appear on Wiltshire OPC pages......   I have checked thoroughly all the pdfs offered including 1810 and 1841/51 census but I see no recording of them in M A excepting as u state...christenings.....    so they were recorded elsewhere as abode but where...............   I have to say the transcripts offered for this place are full and well done so I think there is rock and a hard place...
 :) as to where they are

Offline lulubird

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 July 14 11:39 BST (UK) »
Rosanna and Ann are,indeed, elusive.   There are no obvious marriages for them nor burials but they don't appear in the censuses with their maiden names(using any of the Bailey variations).  Mum and Dad are still in Wilsford in 1851.  One brother and his family are also there and another in Upavon,but this you know.  I've checked as many burials in the area pre-1837 as I can,including all the Manningfords, Wilsford,Upavon and Pewsey.  Their father was from the latter,I believe , and mum was from Abbots although baptised in Bruce?  I've tried the London listings too in case they went into service there but no joy.

Sorry not to have been of any use so far but nil desperandum!

Offline wentworth13

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 July 14 07:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help.  Yes they are quite elusive and so will not bother to go looking for them again. Though saying that I will probably every now and then have a look at whatever and perhaps they may come up.  :D