Author Topic: Blainsie Melrose Roxburghshire  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Cathiemay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blainsie Melrose Roxburghshire
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 July 14 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,
          Thank you ever so much for your information.  It  sound as if it could be the lost  Alexander Deans. I have no idea what other family he had, only found his other daughter Margaret by mistake when hunting around, she was married in 1839.  I wouldn't think  My grt.grt. grandmother  would have been at family home  1831 as she was married by 1818 (that's when my grt grandfather was born at Maxton) so maybe there was another daughter.  I have a feeling that Alexander could have belonged to one of the Lothians. I've nothing that shows that, just that the name Deans seems quite common around there. I'll try Scotlands people again for a death of Alexander in the 1830's at Earlston or Lauder.
            Many thanks.
                       Catherine

Offline Cathiemay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 18:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,
         Could you please tell me how to get the 1831 census on the Maxwells site. I tried to find it  but couldn't. I tried the deaths from old parish records on Maxwells site and found an Alexander Deans died at Lauder 1835   I have sent off for the details , am awaiting them coming through. No luck on Scotlands people.
                         Catherine

Offline alan14578

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 21:35 BST (UK) »
Go to their census publication page and under Roxburghshire census records 1831 they have jedburgh and also melrose the one you are looking for .
Alan
turnbull- Scottish Borders ,Caithness and East Lothian
waddell-roxburghshire
foord/ford -perthshire and borders
crosbie-scot borders
galloway-scot borders

Offline Cathiemay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 20:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you Alan  for pointing me in the right direction for 1831 census.  I shall get around to buying the book soon.    The transcription for Alexander Deans death  seems to be the right man, one more mystery solved. Now to get hunting for the rest of my lost folk.
          Catherine