Author Topic: Faldt family  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Faldt family
« on: Saturday 12 July 14 15:47 BST (UK) »
This surname Faldt seem to be very scares in South Africa on the internet. I wonder if any one can help me.  I am looking for Emma Christina Theron born Faldt died about 1966. Her husband was Abraham David Theron who died about 1938. I am trying to find there children if any.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Faldt family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 July 14 19:09 BST (UK) »
I presume you have seen that both of their estate files are in the archives.  I also found this, and wonder if it could be their daughter:

DEPOT     TAB                                                                   
SOURCE    TPD                                                                   
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
VOLUME_NO 0                                                                     
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 3459/1971                                                             
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          ILLIQUID CASE. DIVORCE. HANNA LOUISA FALDT KONIGK (BORN THERON)       
           VERSUS RAYMOND NORMAN KONIGK.                                       
STARTING  19710000                                                             
ENDING    19710000 
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 July 14 19:33 BST (UK) »
Yes Nookie I have seen their estate files are in the archives and I have seen the one you found as well. I am hoping some living relative will see my post.

You see I have Emma Christina van Wyk on my tree but no maiden name for her. She named her daughter Emma Faldt van Wyk. So you see where the Faldt comes in. I am trying to find out if it was Emma Christina Mothers name or her fathers. 
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 July 15 09:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Karytay

I have helped on this thread that should help you too:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=726392.0

Ian

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 July 15 10:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ian.

Here is an up date of what I have found so far.

Emma Christina van Wyk was born as Emma Christina Theron b. 27 Jan 1907 and died 23 Nov 1994 Belfast South Africa.
Her parents were Abraham David Stefanus Theron died 1938 and Emma Christina Faldt died 1966

Offline ULRIKA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 November 15 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Goodday,

My grandparents were Emma Christina Faldt and Abraham David Stephanus Theron.  They had 10 children.  My mother's name is Johanna Ulrika Maritz (born Theron) I am her daughter, Emma Christina Koullapis (born Maritz)  There is only 1 daughter still alive, Hannah Konigk, aged 90.  I still have contact with her.

Emma

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 19 November 15 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, this problem has now been solved.

Offline ULRIKA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 23 November 15 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Goodday,

I found this image of A D S Theron.  He in the back row, right.  He was apparently known as a
Cape Rebel.  Maybe someone knows why known as Cape Rebel.  I think it was in the early 1900.

Emma

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 23 November 15 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Emma a great find!

Emma, the Cape rebels were living in the Cape Colony which was under British rule and everyone that lived in the colony was considered a British citizen. But some of the Afrikaners or Boers did not want to fight for the British so they fled to the Transvaal republic and the Orange Free State republic to fight on the side of the Boers. So they became know as the Cape Rebels and that why when the British caught some of them the were executed for treason.

Karen.