Author Topic: Burials of George and Judith Hill  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Rich78

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burials of George and Judith Hill
« on: Saturday 12 July 14 23:17 BST (UK) »
Hello

I was hoping someone may be able to help me find the burials of my ancestors George and Judith Hill please.
George was born in the 1750's  and Judith was born in 1758 in Worsbrough. They married at Tankersley (where Judith's parents resided). They then lived in Wath Upon Dearne from 1788 to 1793. They then moved to Sheffield and that is where i think they may have died but i have looked at the national burial index cd, searched the Sheffield burials and online but without any luck.
What i do know is that George was a Tanner. They had their last child John in Sheffield in 1802 and George appears on son Benjamin's apprenticeship record in Sheffield Cutlers records in 1811 which doesn't state abode which usually means he was living in Sheffield.
I would have thought Judith would have been a bit easier to trace but i am really struggling.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Rich

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Burials of George and Judith Hill
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 August 14 13:02 BST (UK) »
Was that the George Hill who married a Judith Burley on 22nd November 1784 at Tankersley in Yorkshire?
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Rich78

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Burials of George and Judith Hill
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 August 14 17:15 BST (UK) »
Hi

Yes it was the George Hill who married Judith Burley at Tankersley.
I know that the couple where in Sheffield from the mid 1790's and most of the children lived in Sheffield. I just don't know where they are hiding. I'm wondering if they are burried in a non conformist graveyard because i'm running out of ideas now!

Thanks
Rich