Author Topic: Indian Death record of audrey alma barry (nee sayers) may have married again  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Lauralil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trying to establish what became of her - parents norman samuel alban sayers, maud margaret maximano, unsure how she died but believe this was approx 1953, unsure where and she may have married again -divorced george washinghton barry around 1944-1946

If anyone knows anything about this would appreciate your comments, thanks

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Death record of audrey alma barry (nee sayers) may have married again
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 09:09 BST (UK) »
For info.

Have added the link below to this post as Lauralil added a request for info. onto another Rootschatters thread relating to Nestar Dona Maximano who is the sister of Audrey's mother Maud Margaret Maximano to see if they could help with any further info.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=555968.0

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Death record of audrey alma barry (nee sayers) may have married again
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 09:42 BST (UK) »

divorced george washinghton barry around 1944-1946

unsure how she died but believe this was approx 1953 and she may have married again

If this is the same George that married Audrey it looks as if he died in the UK in Yorkshire

George Washington BARRY born 07 Nov 1914
bapt  12 Dec 1914 St Paul Asansol Bengal
Parents George Washington Chief Carriage Examiner & Anne Jessie Charlotte Stratton

George Washington BARRY born 7 Nov 1914
Death year   1977 Cleveland Yorkshire Volume   3 Page 2610

Do you know Audrey's date of birth?

there is this death in the UK but it's in 1993  :-\

Audrey Alma PARSONS born 18 May 1919
Dec 1993 Mid Warwickshire
District number   7751B Register number   B24B Entry number   072

Offline Lauralil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 13:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your prompt response, she was born 21 april 1918 baptised at old mission church, calcutta west bengal, I'm uncertain whether she remained in india and remarried as my grandmother and her father george washington barry, travelled  and resided in the uk, we believe she may have had at least one other child born a year or two after my grandmother in india whilst George washington barry was a prisoner of war for a few years. If possible trying to track grandmothers possible siblings if still alive and find out how/where she died.  My grandmother is fairly certain she was 12 years old when she received notification that she had passed away and grandmother was born 1941 which takes us to 1953.

Thank you for your help

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 18:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have searched again the

British India Office Deaths & Burials 1709-1965
just using Audrey's first name and year of 1953 +/- 5 years
then tried different combinations of names
sorry no deaths are showing  ???

I also rechecked  marriage/s on

British India Office Marriages 1713-1969
just using the name  Audrey again no luck ???
but having said that it's not showing her marriage to George Washington Barry either  ???

the only info. showing for an Audrey Alma is this baptism transcription from
British India Office Ecclesiastical Returns- Births & Baptisms
Audrey Alma Sayers
Birth year   1918 Baptism year 1918 Calcutta Bengal
Father's first name(s)   - Father's last name   Sayers
Mother's first name(s)   -
Archive reference   N-1-428 Folio   91

I also tried FreeBMD just in case her death was in the UK but again haven't found
anything helpful

This was the closet match regarding age - as she was born 1918
Deaths Dec 1954 Beddoe Audrey A age 35 (1919)   Surrey N.E. 5g   453
but looking for a marriage on FreeBMD it looks as if it took place in 1940 and
her surname was Emslie

Hoping if someone else is looking at this they may have more ideas that might help

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 18:36 BST (UK) »
my grandmother and her father george washington barry, travelled  and resided in the uk,

we believe she may have had at least one other child born a year or two after my grandmother in india whilst George washington barry was a prisoner of war for a few years.

If possible trying to track grandmothers possible siblings

My grandmother is fairly certain she was 12 years old when she received notification that she had passed away and grandmother was born 1941 which takes us to 1953.

Pretty sure I can see your grandmothers birth 1941 Jamshedpur, Bengal on
British India Office Ecclesiastical Returns- Births & Baptisms
her father's surname Barry - no surname given for mother

No other children births that I can see in Jamshedpur after 1941.

Would the surname of the other child or children be Barry?

Offline Valmay Young

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 21:07 BST (UK) »
More information will be available on the baptism record than you will get from findmypast.co.uk, as due to data protection laws fewer details and no images are available for births dating after 1915 on their website. Full details are available on microfilm N-1-428 folio 91 if you visit the British Library. If you can't get to the BL and need those details let me know as I have a meeting there next week.
India: COLLETT, DUNCAN, HOLDWAY, HACKNEY, HYKOOP, HOGSFLESH, KUHLMEY, NORMAN, ROBERTSON, WARDLEY, WHEELER
England: BECKWITH, GASCOYNE, HINMAN, MCCARTHY, WARDLEY, WOOLF

Offline Lauralil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 22:16 BST (UK) »
Thats my grandmother yes.

And thankyou very much for the kind offer re BL however i visited whilst seeing a friend a couple of weekends ago, found audreys birth record which helped me determine her parents names, hence the maximano post query and had a look at record of deaths after 1948 however couldnt find a record under sayers or barry of a death, im not certain any children would have had the surname of barry, i am guessing probably not. I was given a general registry address at the BL so may try and grt a little further forward there, Thank you for all of your help.

Much appreciated :)