Author Topic: Hegarty/Donovan Fahoura, Castlehaven  (Read 1402 times)

Offline spalpeen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hegarty/Donovan Fahoura, Castlehaven
« on: Wednesday 16 July 14 23:19 BST (UK) »
Have copy of 1851 census request by Daniel Hegarty of Fahoura as to his age.  He states his parents as Timothy Hegarty and Ellen Donovan. I think Timothy was at Laherdane before going to Fahoura prior to Griffiths in 1850s. At Timothy's son John's funeral in 1905, two other brothers of John's were mentioned- Daniel and William. Know nothing of Ellen Donovan. Would appreciate any help tracing her background or John's other family members believed to have been 7 boys and a sister. John and Ellen Sullivan also had 7 sons and one daughter.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Spalpeen

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hegarty/Donovan Fahoura, Castlehaven
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 July 14 00:40 BST (UK) »
Am I reading this correctly
Daniel, William and Timothy are brothers.
Timothy marries Ellen Donovan
They have two sons Daniel and John?

Is this john in 1901 http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Cork/Castlehaven_North/Fahouragh/1156721/
And his son Patrick in 1911 http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cork/Castlehaven/Fahouragh/442736/

Offline spalpeen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 July 14 01:05 BST (UK) »
My fault. Tim who married Ellen Donovan is father to John, William, Daniel.  John gets the farm in Fahouragh, marries Ellen Sullivan, had 7 sons and 1 daughter.  The youngest son, Denis, is a twin and my grandfather.  Yes, this is the John in 1901 census. The Patrick in the 1911 census is the son who got the farm on John's death in 1905.  Hope this clarifies it.

spalpeen

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 July 14 08:13 BST (UK) »

Offline spalpeen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 July 14 21:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sinann. Have gone through the Cork site. Found William b. to Timothy Hegarty and Ellen Donovan 1845, but nothing more. Many of the records have not stood the test of time.

Spalpeen

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 July 14 22:52 BST (UK) »
You say in your first post you think the family moved before Griffith's, perhaps this explains why we can't find them, William may be the youngest and born after the move.
Finding a marriage for any of the names you do have is also proving impossible as none have the parents names recorded.
Such a shame.

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 August 19 21:04 BST (UK) »
I know this post was from five years ago but noticed Timothy Hegarty from Laharadane was mentioned. My Hegartys are from Laharadane. It’s a very small townland. My grandmother was Ellen born 1877 and her father was Patrick. Ellen married Peter Bohane from the townland next door,Killaderry. Most of Ellen’s brothers and sisters went to the USA . Some to Deerpark in Montana. Could any of your be linked to mine ?
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Davies Islington & Aberystwyth
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth
Bohane , Killaderry Skibbereen ,Cork

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 26 August 19 21:39 BST (UK) »

I did this Search on https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/  which is part of the Irish Government webite

There are 3 stages involved as per attachment which are all part of same website!

I just put Surname in and Searched....from results I clicked on Cork folder  ....then the Parish

If one needs another Surname or Parish just amend search accordingly.

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/church-records/about/what-church-records-are-available-online

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.