Author Topic: john francis price  (Read 3941 times)

Offline nanoflou

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
john francis price
« on: Friday 18 July 14 12:18 BST (UK) »
hi i am looking for  information on my grandfather john francis price he died in 1948 in herefordshire i understand his family origina\ted from radnorshire  .
He was married bigamously to my nan nellie doris price they had 1 child my mum valerie jean price
he was a butler in gloucester at the time Apparantley nellie  was the one in the wrong but i know no more than this hoepful someone will know of the family his father trained horses from what i can gather thanks in anticipation

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: john francis price
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 July 14 12:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
Not sure whether to mention this but there is a family tree on ancestry mentioning John Francis Price born 1899 Ross on Wye died c 1950 with a daughter Valerie.
Strangely his parents are put in as Thomas Smart and Emma Webb and he starts life as William Victor Smart .

He seems to have married a Ada Elsie Horton nee Bick in Cheltenham June 1931.She already had a son Percy J George  Horton born 1920.It seems the lady didn't die until 1974 but of course they could have been divorced.

The thing is William Victor Smart didn't die either until 1974 at Gloucester but then there are several family trees that mention your mother Valerie Jean Price as his daughter who died in 2003.
So could be a bit iffy perhaps but  see what you think.
Ciderdrinker

Offline nanoflou

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 July 14 13:26 BST (UK) »
hi ciderdrinker
i looked on ancestry and found jf price as dying in 1948 born 1895 do you happen to know who the family trees are that refer to my mum. she was abandoned by her mother at the age of 3 and adopted into the smart family of haresfield glos .she found her mother in the 50`s as she needed her permission to marry.i have since found out she had aunts uncles and a half brother she didn`t know existed .the bartlett family were originally from corse at newent.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 July 14 13:35 BST (UK) »
I know this does not seem to fit but there is a john francis price birth in 1891 in Rhyader district, which covers a fair bit of Radnorshire.

Offline nanoflou

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 July 14 13:52 BST (UK) »
hi thanks for this i don`t think its the same john price