Author Topic: Birth or Christening for Algernon Eugene Kennett around 1863 (SOLVED)  (Read 2013 times)

Offline sally_maria

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth or Christening for Algernon Eugene Kennett around 1863 (SOLVED)
« on: Saturday 19 July 14 23:00 BST (UK) »
My ancestor Algernon Eugene Kennett was living in Rickmansworth in 1861. His oldest son was also called Algernon Eugene and according to many later records was born in Rickmansworth in 1863 - but AE the elder didn't marry until 1866. The marriage register for St Luke's Chelsea shows him as a bachelor marrying Ann Rackliff on the 2nd April 1866. From then on AE the younger is shown living with them in Harefield in 1871, with no indication he's not Ann's son.

Can anyone help me find the birth or christening record for AE the younger, and any explanation for his origins? I notice that the next member of the family, Annie, was christened in July 1866, back in Rickmansworth, so it looks as if they were at least anticipating the wedding.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth or Christening for Algernon Eugene Kennett around 1863
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 July 14 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Looks as though he is Ann's child

Algernon Eugene Henry Rachliff 
Watford  December 1862. Volume 3a  Pg 309

Regards
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sally_maria

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth or Christening for Algernon Eugene Kennett around 1863
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 July 14 23:16 BST (UK) »
Oooh, thank you. It had never occurred to me to look for him under Ann's maiden name.

It would be a rather strange coincidence of name if he wasn't AE the elder's son, but presumably they had reasons for not marrying yet.