Author Topic: Richard Mansell Adams born c.1848 ?  (Read 7022 times)

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Mansell Adams born c.1848 ?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 July 14 12:48 BST (UK) »
Have you seen this about the baptism of Anna Catherine Johanna Volsteedt in 1854? http://www.eggsa.org/newspapers/index.php/south-african-commercial-advertiser/214-south-african-commercial-advertiser-1854-1-january-to-march

The 1877 marriage in Pietermaritzburg is viewable on Family Search but I am sure you will have seen that already https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11125-197021-35
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Trixie_au

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 July 14 13:02 BST (UK) »
Yep, I already have details on the Volsteedt side of things. I received some info several years back from someone who is connected to one of Anna's siblings. I was able to fill in the Australian blanks for them, but they had no real information for Richard other than his name and the names of the handful of children born to Anna and Richard in RSA.

Re the marriage certificate, I actually only found that little gem earlier today - wow, how exciting to have stuff like this actually viewable online! Would that be the FULL entry though? I'm just pondering the lack of parents details. Would there likely be anywhere else that parents details are likely to be listed?

Thank you so much for looking, it is very much appreciated!! :)

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 15:57 BST (UK) »
Have a look at www.groireland.ie

It's Ireland's centre for Birth/Marriage/Death certificates.
========
Jack

Offline Trixie_au

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 August 14 11:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the link Jack :)

Offline Rich24

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 08 November 14 21:15 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if this would be at all helpful but in May this year I bought the house in Adelaide where Richard Mansell Adams died. I obtained a list of all the owners from the Unley Council and he is listed as the first owner.
I've been trying to track down more history regarding the previous owners of the house and he is definitely the most intriguing! Richard

Offline Trixie_au

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 09 November 14 01:23 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if this would be at all helpful but in May this year I bought the house in Adelaide where Richard Mansell Adams died. I obtained a list of all the owners from the Unley Council and he is listed as the first owner.
I've been trying to track down more history regarding the previous owners of the house and he is definitely the most intriguing! Richard

H Richard, wow thank you so much for posting in this thread! I'm really glad to hear that the house is obviously still standing and has such great owners! Lots of people move into a house and don't give the previous owners another thought, so it's great that you're looking for info.

Yeah Richard Adams sure is a pretty intriguing fellow isn't he :) So being listed as the first owner, that would likely mean he built the house which is even cooler to hear, as I didn't know that. I have the street address, but not the number of the house so will send you a private message if that's okay. Thanks again :)