Author Topic: Island of St Helena:PURLE family  (Read 1643 times)

Offline manchestergirl1952

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Island of St Helena:PURLE family
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 October 18 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks again for your email. I hadn't known about Annie Sarah so it was great to discover her and find the family link! You're correct with our branch coming from Josiah B W and my ex and his brother being your second cousins! In the last few weeks I'd let my Ancestry membership lapse, but I will renew it and view the Crabb family tree. I've been updating the tree I currently have on Find My Past, so I can hopefully move it to Ancestry. I joined the Friends of St Helena which gives access to some island records including Muster Rolls and Slavery information. There are no Purles listed on either, however William John Purle's father in law is listed as having had 5 slaves. His name, Eddlestone and his mother's family name Isacke give listings on Google taking our ancestry back to the early 15th century - as far as I've got so far, but all since your last email! I still don't know who, why and when the first Purle to arrive on St Helena was though. A work in progress..... I'll rejoin Ancestry in the near future and compare trees, and will be happy to give you further information I've discovered. Best wishes